1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences With - Craigslist, Let Go And Offer Up

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Vedhavalli, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,
    I'm starting a thread on experiences gained from buying/selling things from offer up, let go, suleka and Craigslist.
    To start with one
    1) my first experience was nice from Craigslist a fellow Desi. No problem at all.
    2) today had a bitter experience with our desi people ... My (Indian)neighbor had bought day bed from offer up. Since it couldn't fit in car. She got a rental truck. Her husband couldn't take off, so she asked if I can accompany her. I said ok. We both reached on time.
    It was guys( Indians) who were selling, after they saw us, first question was "oh, you ladies drive truck,"? I was mad, with such a question. But kept quiet. We got the thing
    And while we were starting. I heard oneoof them
    saying, "our Indian ladies have gone far, see they drive trucks in free way and keep thier husbands home with kids", in the most coloquicol term.
    Those guys were well educated, working in a 1st world country where women are treated better. I find that very judgemental...
    Pls share your experiences as well.

shravs3 and Sandycandy like this.

2. Change1

Change1 New IL'ite

Amazing how people still need so much mind broadening...I would suggest not to take this personally as we cannot control how everyone thinks or what everyone says. You did your task and that's about it rest is noise!!!! Ignore...
    Once I was giving away my child's car seat for free and somebody asked me why i was giving it for free :roflmao:I am like, gosh people have questions even for free things LOL.. But I had many people interested and I gave to a nice family who could use it for their kid.

Vedhavalli likes this.