exercise

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by DivzIyer, Feb 23, 2012.

1. DivzIyer

DivzIyer Senior IL'ite

Hi

now that I am 17 weeks I want to start exercising. I have started walking 15~20 mins and slowing am thinking of increasing the time. though I am not able to walk fast, it is more like a stroll.
    I also want to start yoga and am thinking of getting a book.
    Before pregnancy I used to walk a lot and fast and I used to do yoga but that was off and on.
    Do you have any suggestions, please do let me know.

2. rekbal

rekbal Silver IL'ite

3. vmtaurus

vmtaurus Bronze IL'ite

I would suggest joining a pre natal yoga class as the teachers are trained. It would be better not to do yoga on your own, especially now. Also, longer walks of 30 to 45 mins will help..a stroll is also fine. Once you move more into your second trim, you normally would get more energy. Try to take advantage of that.
    Good luck!

4. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Hey divziyer..

even i agree with vmtaurus; yoga is always best done under the guidance of a trained professional. I began walking from my first trim (for 20 mins) and when i got into my second; i walk for 30 to 40 mins. some days it is very diff to walk, but on those days i take several breaks but i try to catch on...

have you tried swimming, i heard swimming is a very good exercise during pregnancy.