1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Everything happens for a reason

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Once there was a king who had the habit of taking his Minister wherever he went. This Minister is a wise man advising the King all the time but he had the habit of telling quiet often that everything was happening for a good reason. As usual, one fine day, the King was getting ready to go for hunting and asked the Minister to join him. They both dressed up in disguise and decided to go deep into the woods. The afternoon time came and the King was getting ready to hunt and was preparing his bow and arrow for hunting. While doing so, he hurt himself and his left thumb got cut off. He was suffering from severe pain and was screaming. At that time the Minister came close to him and told, “Everything is happening for a good reason”. King was very upset with the Minister and decided on the spot that he would arrest this Minister and put him in the prison.

They both returned to the Kingdom and as planned by the King, the Minister was arrested and put behind the bars. When he was arrested the Minister again said, “Everything is happening for a good reason.” The Kind thought that the Minister was crazy not to have learned his lessons. After a few days, he decided to go again for hunting. While he was all by himself in disguise, a group of tribes in the forest came and took him away. He was really nervous and cursed himself for not bringing anyone with him. They tied him up in front of their God and decided to sacrifice him to their God. The music started and everyone was ready to pray after the sacrifice. The guy who was supposed to cut his head had drawn his sword. All of a sudden, the leader of the tribes stopped them and examined the King. He told, “This is not a good sacrifice because he was defective as he had lost his left thumb.” He ordered everyone to let him go. Much relieved, the King was very happy about the Minister and his prediction that everything was happening for a good reason. He decided to release him upon returning to his Kingdom.

He went to the prison himself and told the Minister what happened and apologized for arresting him. However, he asked, “ I understand my cutting the left thumb resulted in my life being saved. But when you were arrested you said that everything was happening for a good reason and I do not understand what good happened to you because of your arrest.” The Minister politely replied that if he was no arrested he would have accompanied the King for hunting and the tribes would have found him as a good sacrifice.”

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

That's a good one Viswa Sir. Everything happens for a good reason :thumbsup

3. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Nice one.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

I remember this good old story whenever bad things happens.. I used to share this story with my friends whenever they are distressed..

5. Viswamitra

Thank you for your kind words.

Viswa

6. Viswamitra

Thank you for the image and a wonderful quote. We missed your quotes for a few days.

With kind regards

Viswa

7. Viswamitra

Absolutely. I have heard this as a young boy and it really changes our perception of problems.

Viswa