Everyone flirts

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by lakshmilife, Dec 21, 2011.

1. lakshmilife

lakshmilife Junior IL'ite

Whether single or married we all love to get attention from an attractive opposite sex ,as per me its very natural. Flirting bear in mind that it's not just talk we're dealing with here. It's gestures, stance, eye movement. Notice how you lean forward to the person you're talking to and tip up your heels? Notice the quick little eyebrow raise you make, the sidelong glance coupled with the weak smile you give, the slightly sustained gaze you offer? If you're a woman, do you feel your head tilting to the side a bit, exposing either your soft, sensuous neck or, looking at it another way. Do we become consious of our self when you find a person very attractive.

So I would like to start this thread to give chance to all of us to pen down the rollercoaster of emotions that one has when you find an irresistable person and you are in a committed relationship.This thread is on a lighter note and i expect it to be taken that way. I am not promoting a need for an affair outside a committed relation but just trying to bring out humor in these situation.Its a universal truth every one loves to get attention and being noticed.

3 people like this.

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

HI,
    You have analysed well the science of body language. It gives some perspective to be conscious of our body language when we interact with the opposite sex.

3. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

interesting observation ....let me wait for what elders have to say.

4. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Hey whom do you call elders? After seeing your quote I guess no one is going to post their reply .LOL

You are indirectly resisting the growth of the thread.Ok now I think you are going to call me elder.

1 person likes this.
  5. hemalathaK

And Lakshmi, you are one great brain .How well you narrated the body languages hmm too good.

I accept that it some times happens when we notice someone looking at us like admiring our beauty he he.

Only after noticing that we are noticed , we do all these shestais.lol.

Ladies what you ppl say?

1 person likes this.
  6. hemalathaK

Hey come on girls, post your thoughts.No one will mistake you for being honest.he he

Yaaan Petra perum pugazhum ellorum peruga!( let everyone get the fame which I get) so ladies come on let us dance start the music!

7. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Yes, Lakshmi. we all love to get attention. Age doesn't play part in it. It makes us feel good ( I am a senior) when someone looks at little interesting way. It is human nature. As far as I know it is nothing wrong. We should know not to cross the line. Once a person start talking nonsense, then I leave the place.
    We need to aware this is just fun time. If a man pays attention, we shouldn't take it too seriously. i like the attention, but not to risk my family life. I wouldn't become his friend in FB or exchange phone numbers etc. It is like one night stand with out any physical contact or emotional attachment. Just smile and enjoy the company talking about movies, places, travel , books and Philosophy.
    It is nice thread, Lakshmi. Let me see how many people going to say negative things about my opinion. I would love to hear form men too.

3 people like this.
  8. lakshmilife

Good to see all the intrest shown.It would be dishonest to say that one has never flirted in a sutle or striking way at one point or the other.Few instances to quote if you are in the restaurant and find some one attractive your visit to washroom tends to be past the table of the guy even if its the longest route to the washroom.The intrest in most of the cases is till there is no direct approach the moment reaction such as smile comes into play it betrays all the initial intrest and a sudden coming to senses occurs.
    I think it is very much in nature that we get attracted to opposite sex but since we have been blessed with intelligence and have developed around ourself our social values, tradition and culture all of us learned to have immense control on our basic instincts.But at times the animal instinct dominates for few moments.
    In a controlled way I think it boost our self esteem.

3 people like this.
  9. lakshmilife

Aah I thought this would be a good thread and people would come up with their views.Oops seems that no one intrested

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lakshmi
    Nice thread, I have flirted a lot and later I will come and tell my hubby dear too....hehehe
    I feel it is natural behavior of male or female, someone is looking at you, you try to feel a bit intimacy then the actual relationship that you are having. As long as you are in your limits I don't think it is harmful.
    Sometimes I even tease my DH see people still admire me. He will not have any comments but will just tell ya so that I married you.......:)
    I have a few good friends who admires me, you feel nice with them but anyone crosses they limits then it is end of the relationship. Flirting is not having physical contact it is just talking to each other about many things on this earth.
    Sometime flirting makes you feel younger.:)
    It is always good your DH will know about it but here make sure your DH is broad minded.

3 people like this.