Everyday A Story With Moral From Google

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by iyerviji, Apr 22, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I thought I would post everyday a story from Google with Moral

Evening dinner with father

A son took his old father to a restaurant for an evening dinner. Father being very old and weak, while eating, dropped food on his shirt and trousers. Other diners watched him in disgust while his son was calm.

After he finished eating, his son who was not at all embarrassed, quietly took him to the wash room, wiped the food particles, removed the stains, combed his hair and fitted his spectacles firmly. When they came out, the entire restaurant was watching them in dead silence, not able to grasp how someone could embarrass themselves publicly like that. The son settled the bill and started walking out with his father.

At that time, an old man amongst the diners called out to the son and asked him, “Don’t you think you have left something behind?”.

The son replied, “No sir, I haven’t”.

The old man retorted, “Yes, you have! You left a lesson for every son and hope for every father”.

The restaurant went silent.

Moral: To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honors. We all know, how our parents cared for us for every little things. Love them, respect them, and care for them.

2. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Viji maa:)
    Nice story with moral. Nice thought maa, please continue to post a story everyday :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  3. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

WOW, what a moral, much needed these days :thumbsup: Wonderful idea @iyerviji ma to share one such moral everyday :worship2::worship2::worship2:

iyerviji likes this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful idea, @iyerviji! I'm looking forward to your daily story. :)

kaniths and iyerviji like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Justanotherwife and Latha, glad you liked my idea

kaniths and Justanotherwife like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Amica

Amica likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Little boy's meeting with God

There once was a little boy who wanted to meet God. He knew it was a long trip to where God lived, so he packed his suitcase with Twinkies and a six-pack of root beer and started his journey. When he had gone about three blocks, he met an old woman. She was sitting in the park just staring at some pigeons.

The boy sat down next to her and opened his suitcase. He was about to take a drink from his root beer when he noticed that the old lady looked hungry, so he offered her a Twinkie. She gratefully accepted it and smiled at him. Her smile was so pretty that the boy wanted to see it again, so he offered her a root beer. Once again she smiled at him. The boy was delighted! They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling, but they never said a word.

As it grew dark, the boy realized how tired he was, and he got up to leave but before he had gone more than a few steps, he turned around, ran back to the old woman and gave her a hug. She gave him her biggest smile ever. When the boy opened the door to his own house a short time later, his mother was surprised by the look of joy on his face. She asked him, “What did you do today that made you so happy?” He replied, “I had lunch with God.” But, before his mother could respond, he added, “You know what? She’s got the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen!”

Meanwhile, the old woman, also radiant with joy, returned to her home. Her son was stunned by the look of peace on her face and he asked, “Mother, what did you do today that made you so happy?” She replied, “I ate Twinkies in the park with God.” But, before her son responded, she added, “You know, he’s much younger than I expected.”

Moral: God is everywhere. We just need to share our happiness and make others smile to feel him.
    Submitted By: Kay, USA

8. Justanotherwife

@iyerviji So true. I know from experience because I meet God daily right here on IL, get to read her threads and "You know what? She's the most generous and beautiful human being I have ever known." She likes every single response she gets and makes sure she responds to each one of them with her own way of a "Thank You" note with immense patience. In other words, she takes care of everyone, just like a mother takes care of every single child of hers, spreading happiness and smiles with her mere presence :worship2:

Seby, SunPa, joylokhi and 4 others like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know you meet God daily in IL , who is that God I would also like to meet

sindmani likes this.
  10. Justanotherwife

@iyerviji ma you just need to look in the mirror and you will see God, you are like a mother for all of us in IL and You know what ...

[​IMG]

sindmani, ssudhan, sarada30 and 5 others like this.