1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Every mother should tell her son ( article)

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by vishal21, Jul 1, 2014.

1. vishal21

vishal21 Silver IL'ite

Every mother should tell her son.......................................

Tomorrow you may get a working woman, but you should marry her with these facts as well.

Here is a girl, who is as much educated as you are;
    Who is earning almost as much as you do;

One, who has dreams and aspirations just as
    you have because she is as human as you are;

One, who has never entered the kitchen in her life just like you or your Sister haven't, as she was busy in studies and competing in a system that gives no special concession to girls for their culinary achievements

One, who has lived and loved her parents & brothers & sisters, almost as much as you do for 20-25 years of her life;

One, who has bravely agreed to leave behind all that, her home, people who love her, to adopt your home, your family, your ways and even your family ,name

One, who is somehow expected to be a master-chef from day #1, while you sleep oblivious to her predicament in her new circumstances, environment and that kitchen

One, who is expected to make the tea, first thing in the morning and cook food at the end of the day, even if she is as tired as you are, maybe more, and yet never ever expected to complain;
    to be a servant, a cook, a mother, a wife, even if she doesn't want to; and is learning just like you are as to what you want from her; and is clumsy and sloppy at times and knows that you won't like it if she is too demanding, or if she learns faster than you;

One, who has her own set of friends, and that includes boys and even men at her workplace too, those, who she knows from school days and yet is willing to put all that on the back-burners to avoid your irrational jealousy, unnecessary competition and your inherent insecurities;

Yes, she can drink and dance just as well as you can, but won't, simply

Because you won't like it, even though you say otherwise

One, who can be late from work once in a while when deadlines, just like yours, are to be met;

One, who is doing her level best and wants to make this most important, relationship in her entire life a grand success, if you just help her little and trust her;

One, who just wants one thing from you, as you are the only one she knows in your entire house - your generous support, your sensitivities and most importantly - your understanding, or love, if you may call it.

But not many guys understand this.......

Please appreciate "HER"

Send this to all girls to make their day... and to all guys who can handle it.

note :- i saw it on fb so shared those who already had seen this somewhere else hmmm read it again hehe :p

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    12 people like this.

2. Venala

Venala Silver IL'ite

:wowThanks for sharing.just let me paste a copy of this in my fridge;-)

1 person likes this.
  3. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Thank you Mom. I agree with you. Can you please come to my house and cook for my wife and I and our future children? What, no no, don't go to sister's house, She is a lazy bum.

The above article is all buttering up the women folk and no practical advice.

How about the mom teaches both the son and the daughter to enter the kitchen, to share work, from when they were little. Then she doesn't have to tell all of the above to the son or daughter later on. They will care, they will share and they will be happy.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    11 people like this.
  4. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

The last three points make some sense. But you're right. They would apply very well to either gender. The ones before that are stereotypical and the mother(and father) would have done better to teach the son (or the daughter if they have one) not to think along those lines long before he/she reached marriageable age.

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Appreciate her but more importantly ,share her work load.
    The mother should not put the wife on a pedestal....the super woman ...instead she should ask the son to pull up his socks and get down to work. Let him know he is not helping her...but doing his share of the work.Appreciation alone doesn't cut it any longer when you marry a working woman.

3 people like this.
  6. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for sharing this :) This may seem like a good mother telling wonderful things to her son but actually it is the same old regressive thinking being reinforced in guise of kindness.

1 person likes this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

No one need to be told how to love the other. Specially when it comes to love between married couple. Instead of giving this long advice, I would simply raise my son as a responsible man with a heart inside his body.

Not just for his wife, he should be able to love, help, be kind enough, patient enough and practical enough with everyone around him. So, naturally a good human being can easily transformed as a good husband too.

2 people like this.
  8. vishal21

vishal21 Silver IL'ite

in your fridge?? the copy will catch cold ....gigglingsmiley

:welcome

9. akansha

akansha New IL'ite

do anybody think a mother in law will tell such things to her son. i being mother of two boys afraid always do my daughter in laws also suffers as i do