1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Every day can be a special one if we choose to make it(RKG's fb to my thread)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 12, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

RKG's fb to by thread "Nothing Special" saying everyday can be a special one if we choose to make it helped me to give the tittle.

For me and dh all days are same because we have retired. Now a days I try to make everyday special by making different kind of dishes as I myself believe in variety is the spice of life whether it is eating, outing or enjoying. All other things there can be varieties but my dh will be the same always in this birth because I dont know what is in store for me in next birth. This birth I have enjoyed a lot and if I did not have his support I would not have enjoyed life. Now a days everyone knows that I am busy in Indusladies and everyone asks me how are your friends in Induslaides, today also I had called my Bhabhi after a long time and she was also asking how are your friends, she did not remember the name. Was asking me whether they are from India , I told her they are from all over the world and we are like a family. Was asking whether they are all South Indians, told her there are all castes. My sister also always asks me so what is the topic today.

Having somewhere to go is what we call ‘home.’ Having someone to love, who loves us in return, is what we call ‘family.’ Having both is a blessing. There comes a time in life when you’ll have to leave everything behind for awhile and start something new, but never forget the people who stood by your side, especially your close friends and family who never gave up on you. -
    Quotes for every day life.

Usually Sundays are boring as everyone has holiday and also in Indusladies all are busy so less write ups and posts. But yesterday it was not like that, I started some threads and have good feedbacks. In TV also nothing will be there and it will be boring. But now our cable fellow has changed the cable and now we get all channels.So since two Sundays I am able to see good movies in different channels. My Sunday after cooking and other work starts with Music programme in Jaya TV which starts at 9.30 a.m. Yesterday some young boys and girls sang so well and that too very touching songs that the judges were awestruck (dont know whether this word is correct, I am also learning now to use some words which I have never used). One Judge was saying that in our times we did not have so much facilities and we never knew also about singing. You all being so young sing so well. Then from 10 to 11 a.m. I watch Mahabharata. From 11 to 12 pm. again Star Singer in Sun TV where S P Balasubramaniam was the Chief Guest. There also the children sang so well. One kid was looking just like my grand daughter Gopika who danced and sang , I dont remember the song now. Gopika also sings and dances like her only not the full song but some lines. I immediately phoned and told my daughter to see the programme. One of the judge was saying you children are so lucky that you have got the opportunity to meet SPB and also sing in front of him. In our days we used to wait for this opportunity which we got very late after becoming a singer.

DH was also out in the morning and came only by 2 pm. Instead of feeling lonely I kept myself busy in Indusladies and watching TV programmes. Whatever I make in the morning accordingly I make dinner. Like if I make avial in the morning then evening I make Pongal, yesterday had made dhal with vegetables like cauliflower,potato and capsicum so made Puri in the night. Sometimes make Upma, most days dosa. So with the grace of God all days are passing nicely.

Live every day of your life in full. Experience the highs and the lows, the positives and the negatives, and all the moods present between the various extremes. Don’t focus on simply being happy. Focus on living a well-rounded, seasoned life. Focus on achieving completeness. Yes, happiness is part of this completeness, but so is sadness, difficulty, frustration, and failure. And overcoming these latter points supports your personal growth far more than constant happiness.- Quotes for everyday life

Dear God, thank you for reminding me that while I have made mistakes, I have learned from them things I need to know about myself. Thank you for showing me that when I complain about what is missing, I miss the opportunity to be grateful for what I have. Thank you for reminding me that I am worthy of love, I am entitled to happiness and that you want me to have both.

6 people like this.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Vijima
    All your threads are like diary entries where we get to see a chapter of your life daily.
    I enjoy reading them all....
    I am learning to make everyday special like you.

2 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Dinny dear for stepping in with your first like and appreciation. You have made my day and in the top of th erworld with your sweet message. hugs to you

1 person likes this.
  4. charmbabez

charmbabez Gold IL'ite

just wondering how your able to enjoy yourself each and everyday even with simple things.i can feel your excitement of sharing here with your posts mam.

times i too feel very bore (now i am idle at home quiting my job) and thinks chuma irukurathu onum avlo easy illa in vadivel's tone (being idle is not easy).i spend my time reading books, writing or helping mom which normally ends with fight for not finishing the work properly :p some times will watch t.v(definitely no to serials) though i engage myself in something end of THE day times i feel i did nothing constructively.i dont know whether my mind makes me to Think like that.
    i can enjoy the freshness of your mind.
    wish i too follow you.

thanks.

1 person likes this.
  5. orchidgb

orchidgb Silver IL'ite

hi

i like to read your posts. all the posts are so interesting and feel like asif i had spend the day with you. i have friends all above 60+ only. one aunty is so old but she dont have that boring attitude all the time she will be energtic and cheerful.

1 person likes this.
  6. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Maa

Lovely post in fact you brought more meaning to my FB. I loved every line in your post. We have only one life and each day counts, each day is special with something to cherish.
    I can relate yours and Uncle's lifestyle to my parents routine. Even if we have nothing to do, we should try to do something that will not make the day go waste.

Thanks again for this worthy message.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Charmba dear thanks for your appreciation . You are very frank in telling how you are spending your time. Like the way you have mentioned help mom which normally ends with fight. All mummies are same isnt it. Dont worry dear soon you will also follow me.

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Orchid dear glad you like to read my posts and its interesting , you have made my day with your sweet message and brought a smile on my face. Glad that you have all sixty plus friends and to know about their cheerful attitude

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

RKG dear thanks for your appreciation. Glad you liked the post and to know that your parents routine is also like us. I should say thanks because you are the cause for this snippet