1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Every Crumb You Eat Has Your Name Written On It

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 16, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dane Dane pe likha hai khanewale ka naam

Everyday we cook but some only get the best. In my husband's family all are experts in cooking. My brother in law does not easily appreciate anyone except his siblings. He is expert in cooking especially pal payasam. Whenever I cook when he comes I make some mistake. His daughter in law who is a Maharashtrian likes my cooking.So whenever I make masala veg and if I go to their house I take for her

My elder brother in law who was a bachelor used to appreciate my cooking and it used to turn out well. So I also used to make different breakfast everyday with matching side dish and he used to like.

When I was working my friends used to like ennai kathrikai , karela made by me. My friends outside office enjoy my cooking.

When we buy gifts for some only we get the right gift but for some we don't get. Sometimes I buy gifts and keep and whosoever's name is written get it.

I feel those who love us wholeheartedly get the best from us either food or gift.

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Wow @iyerviji Vijima
    Now you have me yearning for Pal Payasam, Ennai kathirikkai, karela, and masal veg. Next time I am coming to Mumbai to your home, to enjoy all the yummy food.

Yes, i too make mistakes when someone who is a good cook comes to my home. I get nervous about my food meeting that person's high standard.

My mother-in-law was a wonderful cook and she was a very good teacher too. Whatever I am cooking today is thanks to her for giving me tips on how to correct mistakes, such as what to do when there is too much salt, spice, or sour, etc.

GeetaKashyap and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to get your first feedback. You are most welcome dear and hope my cooking turns out well that day.

So you also make mistakes when someone good in cooking comes home. I am not alone. Glad your mil taught you.

My daughter's mil also taught her everything more than me. Today she is a good cook. She is in London and manages alone during birthday . She has learnt to cook for shraddam also though sometimes appam does not come properly.

I learnt cooking from my husband. After retirement I cook alone and after learnt computers now a days take the help of Google and it turns out well

4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Vijima @iyerviji,

When anyone speaks about food, I am all ears. Even I believe that everything is predestined.

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad you liked my post

6. jyotiparab

jyotiparab Silver IL'ite

Beautiful and so true
    Om Sai ram!!

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

In my view, mostly those who cook, they make things with great love as an ingredient along with other ingredients. Therefore, I never tell anyone if I don't like anything. I always appreciate everyone's cooking. Many times, women asked me how did you eat this dish that doesn't have much salt? The fact that she cooked food to feed me is invaluable than the taste. Knowing this, my wife now asks two questions, "How does it taste?" and "Do you need anything to be added or is anything too much in it?"

Every one who cooks make their own effort to improve everyday and why is it important for us to say something negative? They will eat themselves and do it better next time.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You have a big heart of appreciating cooking and understand the feelings of women. Your wife is lucky to have you.

I also ask my husband to taste after cooking and tells me how it is.

nakshatra1 and Viswamitra like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks :hello:the embarrassment is only if the visiting person is expert cook. But the moment he utters negative comment, he must be told that he is an expert cook and ask him tips to overcome the negatives he or she found. These tips might be useful for the same dish prepared next time when the expert makes subsequent visit.
    Regards.