1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ever heard of over protective parents?:/

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by ashimasd, Aug 13, 2012.

1. ashimasd

ashimasd Silver IL'ite

Itz my best friends engagement on 28th n since my home is almost 6hours far from mine and the function is at 10 30,thrs no way i can reach the venue on time. So I asked them if i can stay at her home on 27th n initially they said yes and I told her. Now they are not letting me go :spin..i dont know how to tell her this..ne help? :drowning :bonk

2. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

D0 you have a cell phone? Take it ..dial the number...and read this out ..'i cant come , my over protective parents wont let me....' you too dont coem to my marriage. no body will come, bride groom also will not. i and my overproective parents will have a blast and njoy in my marriage.

or

just say yes now. on 28th, after lunch at 2:30 pm go to your room to sleep. lock it. get ready. write a note...sayign you will be at your frends engagement and you can be reached at this number. and when you will be back. stick the note to dressing table. when others go to their rooms to take a nap...slowly open your door. run to the main door without making any noise and jump. dont turn back, even if someone sees you and calls your name. dont turn back. you are out..means you are out. run run without seeing back . no gogin back until after engagement. hire an auto. go. enjoy. :boo:

Engagement over what next....ask ur frend to pack some dishes...take that and go home. make sure dads not there. :hide: before anybody sees you run to your room and lock it form inside. dont come out, until they cool down. and when its time for lunch/dinner..they will ask you to come out n eat....they cant let you sleep hungry (you can conviniently forget to tell them that you ate food that frend packed for you). then say you will come out only if they dont talk abotu your little adventure and let you eat as you a re starving and you have stomach ache ...eat somethign quick n sleep. While sleeping........think of the adventures you did.you will feel fantastic! and will start calling your frends to enquire if anybody is getting married or reception or any other function at their homes or even neighbor homes ;) ..........................................................for your NEXT ;) :twisted:

njoy!

4 people like this.
  3. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

@ Naksh...enjoyed reading it. OP...Go for it...Life needs spice...update us when u r back

4. ashimasd

ashimasd Silver IL'ite

5. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

I feel your pain. My parents were also like tat. If anyone wants to come and stay at my house there will be no Issues but If I have to go out after 6Pm it would like the world is ending. :(
    I hope your friend understands.

1 person likes this.
  6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Ever heard of over protective parents?:/

Hmm, Im seeing one. In a mirror :mrgreen: I guess I am one paranoid parent and over protective of my daughter. She is on a schedule and never travels without me. When out, I make sure no boys ogle her ;-)

PS. My daughter just turned 19... months this week ;-)

Just Kidding.. Chill. Tell them you want to go and celebrate with her so she might come for your occasion as well. Ask them if there is any solution to it. Pick up/Drop off..

2 people like this.
  7. ashimasd

ashimasd Silver IL'ite

The same issue here too,veeramachaneni. I felt terrible telling my friend and I had to tell some 'white lies' to make sure she does nt get hurt. But i felt too low after that.:hide:

Dear Goldisone and naksh,the sneak out plan wont work out as I wil have to go there directly from Chennai. And even If i was to sneak out,my parents are control freaks and hyper sensitive and they may even lodge a man missing case with the police.:bang But I sure had many such adventures from my hostel. ;) By God's grace,they have not found out yet!!

8. ashimasd

ashimasd Silver IL'ite

Hi nandshyam,

I so hope you are actually kidding!! :) N i got a mild heart attack reading the first few lines. Thats when I came across the kidding part .
    My parents are more stubborn than me and yesterday my mother was telling me "i thought u r not going for the function." :eek:

9. redbird1

redbird1 Bronze IL'ite

gud one Naksh :thumbsup

10. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Is there a reason they are giving for it?