1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ETL learning ...has Anyone tried??Honest reviews Please

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by brahan, Aug 3, 2012.

1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Offlate i have been hearing lot of Parents opting for the ETL Learning Courses for their Kids. I have few Questions for the parents who have ENROLLED for the same.

a. Do you really feel the Books contribute to the overall development of the Kids?
    b. Are the Books worth the Price we are paying ?Its a 5 digit Figure we are paying and i want to know is it worth the Hype!!!!
    c. Do Kids get addicted to the Books?My neighbour told me that her friends Son would never come out to Play as he would be always with those Books..Honestly speaking i dont want books which are addictive and would stop Kids from the Playing ...

Honest Reviews Appreciated !!!!

Thanks,
    Bee:thumbsup

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Brahan...
    I dont know about ETL... but would like to know what all you heard about the ETL learning
    I agree with this and I dont think it will help kids overall development

3. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

VJBunny...Its a Group and they have come out with Books for Kids. They charge a Bomb for the same(Close to 1.5 Lakhs). Google to find more.

4. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Hey I saw this thread while searching for ETL because just yesterday I heard from a colleague about it. He vouches for the product & said he is been using it for his 2 kids for past 6 months & there has been noticeable & positive change in both. But ya it does cost a lot....1.34 or 1.54 L (don't remember how much he said exactly)

5. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

A book can be addictive and take a child away from play only if a child can read, understand and assimilate the ideas of the book - a book doesnt have any chemical composition to get you addicted to it...

So, it totally depends on you, how you set up timings and boundaries, whether they will get addicted to the book or not...

About ETL - the kids will definitely have an advantage with ENGLISH Comprehension, if they read these books - but yes, they HAVE to read it regularly - apart from play time, eating time, and TV time, if they have more time, AND YOU HAVE TO sit with them and explain - they will NOT read the books on their own - so invest that 1.5L or whatever (or 25000 if getting second hand :)) ONLY if you have the DISCIPLINE and TIME to set timings with your child and DO the exercises in the books !!!

Else, the books will sit in the bookshelf and can act as the conversation piece for your next dinner party :)

Onesweetlife likes this.
  6. rashmip

rashmip Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I would like to share my ideas...Iam ETL user and Iam working for ETL as well...
    I think being the parents of kid(s) we always are here to look for overall holistic development for akid physically,Emotionally,psychologically and would appreciate if our kid is responding cognitive,communicative skills right whey they are in the wombs of mother...this is also scientifically proven...

Queries to respond
    1.I would say it is a well equippment tool for parenting as well ,kids to learn and enjoy maybe your friends kid is very inquisitive to know things around because of wonderfully designed ETL books..to be frank it gives a good familytime to start seeing through the books it still builds a strong bonding @ family and friend rather it will no take away anyones time for not to play and probaby your kid is feeling lonely since ur friend's kid is not accompaning him/her
    Playing having fun...learning is a part of ones childhood....but only play but no fun @ home through reading(ETL books are really designed to have fun)would make their growing years less colourful.. as per someone said yes definitively it is not a drug to be ADDITIVE....
    2.There are combination of books designed for 5-digits which you can close EMI's in 3-digit for 3 years along with fabulous offers on each month...
    3.For more info Early Childhood Education And Preschool Education For Kids | ETL Learning| For your child's success as a friend/parent/working for it...i would recommend u to have atleast one set of book with specific area.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
  7. Archee09

Archee09 New IL'ite

How can one justify the cost of 1.5l in the day and age of tablet and educational apps. Please try the Mr. Men and Little Miss books in comparison to the ETL VALUE stories books. Cost of a single book is about 100/- This is just taking money and teaching exactly the same as what school teaches. If parents spend time you can go on itunes or you tube and find similar stuff. And hey their books are same as the first year it was produced which is 1986! Apps update themselves every now and then.

1 person likes this.
  8. ETLng

ETLng New IL'ite

Do you think , in front of books , the school's fee structure is justified like GD GOENKA in delhi ?
    ETL books are techniques, compiled at one place .
    In America proper organization is working towards the development of child to overcome the problem of school readiness gap .Everybody can't afford high class education.

I am a user of ETL books , My son has very keen skills in Observation. I am working too but apart from curriculum of my child's study , i am spending time with my kid on ETL books too. For me results are worth.

9. anubaala

anubaala New IL'ite

hello
    we are using these products,
    i accept the concept has not changed since 1986.
    but the stories narrated here guides your child to good behavior.
    the concept behind the values is,
    when you start narrating one story with one moral,
    the child in may find it difficult to apply the values in their practical life.
    here in this concept they come out with 15 stories with more than 60 values where the child can relate the values in their life.
    when a concept, which is about 30 year old can talk about the present environment. why do we need any updates.
    sir i hope you understand the difference between just stories and concepts

10. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

how much should we pay to become an ETL member?