1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Estranged Sibling - How To Move On

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Meghaa, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

SIL thinks she can talk to me or not as she pleases too. I tried for sometime and have now given up. Its been months since I have even seen a picture of my nephew. It feels strange and unreal to even refer to him as 'my nephew'. I haven't even seen him in person - maybe I never will...

2. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

I am in physical pain. I am wondering why people who dont care about us have so much power over us.
    I keep wondering what Karma I am carrying - infertility , estranged sibling. I am probably focusing on the bad, I do have good things on my life .
    But this has been a tough year - 3 IVFs , 3 important people that you consider kin , dropped from my life.
    2015 was multiple failed IUIs , bleeding continuously for months and going through a surgery .I thought there was no way 2016 can't be better and I have been proved wrong.

3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Megha trust me I have been through everything you said..
    In-laws issues
    Infertility
    Estranged brothers (yes both brother)
    Too many arguments with dh
    Top to it dh job loss in usa
    Had to stay separate from dh 8 months(hr was in usa)
    Even parents felt me as burden( had to overstay through pregnancy n 1yr after baby birth)

Two to three years life was living hell..

Now we have 1. 5yr baby. Dh got job in usa.

That is when I started writing blog's, stories and participating more in this forum.. But with lo I hardly have time to worry about things..

Cheer up girl.. Things will settle.. Do things which brings you happiness .

N regarding brothers..They never call me, and only through my mom I get update about their life...

Now , I have created family watsup group n upload pics of my son keep updating about new life in usa.. My brothers do leave 1 or 2 words reply now... Added sil too and they reply if I specifically ask them anything. Like how's her job or how's she n how was festival n stuff..

CoolPie, sindmani, skalluri and 3 others like this.
  4. estranged

estranged New IL'ite

I pray for you. May god give you strength and happiness.

Meghaa likes this.
  5. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I have a sister with whom i have not much relation now. THough i know the reasons. It hurts but best to let go.

Meghaa likes this.
  6. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Megha,

I could relate to your situation. I have been in similar situations..
    Estranged brother (still an issue)
    Infertility (solved now)
    on top of it, brother is divorced , father died during his divorce process.

I am in a situation now where I see relationships in different plane. I tried my best to help my brother to come out of divorce and boosted him morally not to lose self-esteem, self confidence and to see the life with hope again, unfortunately he never believed me in our lives since our childhood. its only my effort to keep the relationship alive. Now, I give up after years and years of effort, we both are in 40's now, half of our life is done. I learnt that ACCEPANTANCE is what God is teaching me. Accepting the people as they are and accepting the situations as they are. I am trying to keep myself happy now. I call him very minimum just to keep myself away from unnecessary thoughts.

Learn to take bitter facts of life. Be strong. I didn't overcome the situations completely. I am also still learning it.

SK.

CoolPie, sindmani and Meghaa like this.
  7. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Thank you skalluri. I am working hard on 'Accepting' infertility right now and the fact that it may not be solved.
    I really dint need to deal with sibling thing right now - but we dont get to choose , do we :)

These are my Mantra , that I tell myself each time my mind wanders : Life is not fair , ACCEPTANCE

skalluri likes this.
  8. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Yes ACCEPTANCE is the key, it doesn't mean we have to suffer or we have to sacrifice. learn to be happy in your own way. learn to enjoy in your own way. I don't know your age but don't lose the hope of having the kids. God bless you , may all your dreams come true.

sindmani and Meghaa like this.
  9. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

I am 32. Irregular periods - since the beginning. Damaged/blocked right tube due to a cyst surgery. Low AMH. Fibroids . Adenomyosis.
    5 failed clomid cycles.
    IVF : #1 failed ,#2:3 Frozen embryos , no transfer ,#3: Cancelled due to no response.

Honestly - doesnt look too bright

10. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

What are the odds of success of getting pregnant with this condition. I don't know about Damaged/blocked tube and its effect on fertility. Don't lose the hope , worst case scenarios also seen the success with many trials. I know it is not easy going through it. I suffered 5 years of trying and infertility treatments due to pcos . Pray to Santana Gopala swamy every day. Good luck.

Meghaa likes this.