1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Escape From Nothingness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I don’t understand what the hullabaloo over tambola is . It is also called housie and we played it as kids . I turned out just fine !
    This was a bunch of housewives having a good time socializing and minding their own business. Pretty harmless , I think. I don’t understand why we would make judgments over how women should utilize their time. People making these vile judgments should be utilizing their time better.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Hariji, I am glad that you have raised points that got lost in all this heat. Precisely, Tambola is gambling as there is money involved but we really don't know whether the husbands finance the ladies.But yes, kids have no business being there.They are imbibing wrong values. A person's choice of how he/she spends his/her leisure is a reflection of that person's personality. That is all I can say. If I elaborate there will be more hellfire and brimstone.

3. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

@Cheeniya Ji, This post needs to closed for being highly insulting , derogatory towards housewives and women in general. This is one individual’s myopic opinion and should not be encouraged at all. Thank you.

4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

I second this.
    If one can spend time judging others on a forum like this what's wrong in those ladies spending time playing Tamboola?

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Thyagu sir, no one is stopping them from spending their leisure the way they want but as I have said in reply to another FB the way one spends the leisure is a reflection of that person's personality.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am constrained to close this thread in the interest of the bonhomie of the community

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.