1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Escape From Nothingness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Yes you are echoing mesmeric ALIA BHATT
    In that bajaj scooter visual in tv channels and u tube.
    Thanks you are with me on this point too.
    Regards.
    God creates models which upon evolution turn to .....

shravs3 likes this.
  2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Joylokhi glad you agreed with me on children. While girls must have fun and housewives with time and means is free to spend her time the way she wants, I look down on kitty parties, It reflects a certain vacuous mindset. Many times I have sat close to the kitty party attendees and heard (not overheard) their conversation.Most of it consisted of cloths jewelry and the rest was dedicated to bitching someone or other. I think they would be much better off reading a good book.

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,

Social needs are the same for both men and women and they would like to interact with like-minded people in the club. There is nothing wrong with that. However, bringing children while the ladies play Tambola is equivalent of eroding the values of their children. Whether they are home-makers or executives, men or women, bringing children to a party where Tambola is played is outright wrong.

Question for you. The club should have rules and regulations to prevent children watching Tambola. I am sure the club with have a bar as well and exposing children to the bar at primary school level is dangerous.

@DDream,

Your question is right about how much Balajee knows about the women who visited his club. But your further comments about their journey, their struggles, how their husbands behave give an impression you know them better. You have made the same mistake you are advising Balajee not to do i.e. judging the husbands of the ladies who visited Balajee's club. It is projecting as though all women are Godly in nature and all men are demons. Just because it is a women's forum, there is no need to degrade men in general unless there is a known and specific situation.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Thyagarajan, joylokhi and Balajee like this.
  4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

I would say many factors come into play how each one likes to spend their leisure hours . To many including myself, a good book is surely a wonderful way of spending free time. That does not mean all women would be so inclined and they may feel much happier meeting up at kitty parties and being among their like minded friends. Moreover for most women clothes, jewellery , home decorations etc are a sure passion. Naturally, they would tend to discuss on the lines. I just felt it was insulting to look down on the ladies just because they are attending kitty parties. Nothing personal .

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Joylokhi, it applies to both the genders. The way they spend their leisure is a reflection of their personality.There are mre fruitful way of spending leisure for anyone and everyone han such shallow exercises like kitty parties.

6. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

A regressive , judgmental, misogynistic post from a supposedly liberal, broad minded intellectual. Should I be surprised or disappointed ? Not sure.

7. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Look like you didn't read it well. I didn't say, their husbands mistreat them or treat them well. I didn't say all husbands are bad. I didnt degrade any men.i didn't say all women are good or bad. Everywhere one can find both categories. I agreed with OP on not taking kids. I didn't say all women are good or bad. No need to misinterpret.
    My reply was in response to his sentence on these women have nothing else to do. Isn't that degrading. That's why I mentioned the possible worst scenarios. I know, my reply was straight and not coated with sugar.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Again another judgment from you about my reading comprehension. Please see below what was asked by Balajee and what was quoted by you.

What was said by @Balajee
    What was quoted by @DDream

Balajee was asking opinion from the readers about what caused them to bring the children to a club where Tambola is placed. He wasn't stating any opinion above.

Don't you think telling a man who you don't know well to Grow up is degrading?

This reply is evidence enough that @Balajee didn't discriminate a particular gender.

Balajee and I disagree on many things but our responses to each other confine to the words of disagreement. Maintaining good communication between the ILites is not sugar-coating but mutual respect for each other despite disagreements.

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

There is a lot of ddifference between "nothing to do" and "nothing fulfilling to do. For me Kitty parties and tambola whether it involved men or women are pointless activities. If you want to bond there are better ways.

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, it's your interest. Not their interest. Respect it. What's "better" for you is not the same "better" for others. Its fulfilling for them - they play because they enjoy it and are happy.

What brings happiness to you or me may be not the same for others. I dont play cards, but most of my friends like it. It doesn't mean,its meaning less.

I am curious, what should they do according to you? :) what's meaningful / fulfilling activity in a club?

@Viswamitra , I agree that I should have avoided, 'growup'( I appolagize OP for it, I couldn't edit it later), but NOT in other points. See the posts by others, they also felt the same ( OP degrading the women who played there) about this post, but supported the issue he raised on bringing kids there

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.