1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Equilibrium

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: I read this thread three to four times and while enjoyed reading the views, I could not think of any point about attaining equilibrium in mind or mind set by “having or not having” “possessing or not possessing or even dispossessing”.

2. The word equilibrium I think in terms of nature and law of Entropy.

3. The rivers are trying to attain equilibrium remain in action throughout. It can be argued that to remain so is exactly their equilibrium.

4. The planet earth revolving and with it all inhabitants and habitats perhaps to attain equilibrium at some far off eons. Trees shed leaves and fruits. It did not continue to possess for eternity. Can we say trees are at equilibrium. I wonder.
    Wind is constantly blowing to reach equilibrium. It is not possessing but pushing itself. Heat is constantly travelling around globe heating the land and ocean to cause equilibrium. But it never attains it. Clouds generated move over high altitudes seeking equilibrium. But it fails......

5. Sea does not possess but drive away the waves which constantly visit the shore and destroys itself. Neither see nor the waves attain any semblance of equilibrium.

6. It is in Nature only to seek but never to attain equilibrium. In fact nothing seemed to ever attain absolute equilibrium .

I am not sure how relevant my FB to post of @Viswamitra .

Thanks and Regards.
    God - are You & your creations ever in the process of attaining equilibrium. Do you possess all this?

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,

I believe equilibrium is constantly achieved to balance the opposing forces.

1) Doesn't demand over supply increase the price to bring equilibrium to the opposing forces?

2) Wind blows in the direction where there is no wind and doesn't it bring equilibrium?

3) River flows towards the ocean knowing fully well that eventually the ocean evaporates bringing rain only to flow again towards the ocean? Doesn't it mean maintenance of equilibrium?

4) Trees sacrifices their fruits knowing fully well that the seeds inside those fruits would eventually become trees in this planet. Don't they replace themselves to maintain the equilibrium of the planet?

Similarly, even in human life, the balance will be achieved between the opposing forces of pleasure and pain. Sama Dhristi provides the equilibrium to avoid undue fluctuation of the mind from pleasure to pain.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

For me Karma means actions and our responsibility for them and their consequences and fruits. We not only have a right over actions and their fruits but responsibility for their consequences too. If we have no right over fruits of our actions we have no responsibility for the consequences too. The whole notio n of karma , good or bad then disappears in thin air. As far as I am concerned we alone are responsible for our actions and therefore we have a right over their fruits too. I don't believe in the collective consciousness of all living beings Viswa but in Individual consciousness and well, may be even a group consciousness but the idea of a collective consciousness of all lives is rather far fetched.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,

I respect your view. Sometimes, the consequences of our actions are far higher than what we expect. Similarly, the fruits we expect vs what we get are very different many times.

If you believe in individual consciousness and group consciousness, the collective consciousness is just an extension of what you believe already.

Thyagarajan likes this.