1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Epidural Injection and Tail Bone Pain

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by frozenmoments, Jan 31, 2013.

1. frozenmoments

frozenmoments New IL'ite

Dear all,

I've had a normal delivery 2 and half years back.I did take an epidural injection that time.Since my delivery im facing severe tail bone pain which hasnt subsided even after 2 and half years of delivery.

i came across a friend who said that this is due to the epidural injection.Is this true?Is there a cure for this tail bone pain.Has anyone experienced a similar situation??

Please guide me what exercises/treatment I can resort to as im finding it difficult to sit for even 20 mins..

Thanks in advance
    frozenmoments

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

I too heard from people who have got a shot of that injection the same complaint. Did you talk to your doctor on this?

3. Smitham84

Smitham84 Gold IL'ite

i'd a c- sec after 24 houres of induced labour and i was on epidural till the next day of my delivery . almost 48 hours . I started doing all household chores alone after comleting 2 months(including washing cleaning etc) my baby is 15 months old now . I've never experienced a back pain because of delivery or epidural.

So i think its varies from person to person .
    And there are medicins available in ayurveda. some of my friends experienced pain after delivery and they became alright after a course of ayurveda therapy(including medicines and massage,kizhi etc. ) .
    if you are in chennai , you may please check with Kottakkal ayurveda salai in poonamalli high road.

1 person likes this.