1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Epic Fall Dream.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Scorpio707, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

It was just another night and the time to hit the bed after a long but rather peaceful end to the day. It takes me a while to sleep tight, every day it’s the usual starting trouble. After a good REM time comes the dream. Dream!!!! Oh yes my dreams…we’ve all been there seen it and done that haven’t we?? This night happens to be one that prompts me to write. I am proud to say I have had some of the best dreams one can ever have :). Having been blessed with a rather sharp memory can still recall some dreams I’ve had years ago. They are so much fun. In my dreams I’m everything that I’m not in my real life :biggrin:. Not like I go to bed regretting not being someone or wanting to be someone. I’m happy just being me for now ;).

So here comes this dream – surprisingly very short compared to all my previous ones. Here I am sitting at my desk in staring hard at three computer screens which bore me to death sometimes :neutral:. Seems like time is passing as usual and then I move. What happens next?? I move in my chair only to fall head first and flat on the floor :eek:. I look stoned for some reason :roflmao:, that image is still on my mind and I can’t seem to get it out of head. It was so quick, lightning speed fall :D. Let me tell you I looked rather awkward :shakehead:, but felt no pain - no frill just real awkward. I woke up next morning like most days energetic and brimming with zeal and zest but today with a reminder of the dream that makes me smile and laugh a little too :p.

I am no Sigmund Freud here and don’t want to dwell too much into the dream. Let the dream be a dream I suppose. A sign that it’s a disaster waiting to happen at work, who knows :thinking: . My team recently moved up to another floor and somehow something feels funny in my chair . Every time I move, bend or turn I slip a little, it’s like I’m seated on a playground slide :D. Turn or twist and in jiffy I’m going down. I once tried sitting on different chair but nope just the same. Like the movie title of - The fault in our stars; maybe it’s me and not the chair :thinking:, don’t know . It’s hilarious to me and I’m not too worried. Well if I do fall also I think I’m going to burst out laughing, it would be such a mess and scene for those around me, forget being embarrassed now. I picture that for a moment – Hmmm my co-workers would definitely say the show is over let’s get back to work guys :grinning-smiley-048:. We've had some amusing fun moments as such before so.

Having said that I feel it was a rather funny dream, at least I got to write about it today. A quote of Bach crosses my mind now – “You are never given a dream without the power to make it true”. Well one day if I do fall don’t be surprised if I write about it here now :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:. What is life without humor and some madness in it? I believe and truly feel sometimes we must laugh and mock at ourselves, poke fun and what not. It makes life more interesting, fun and healthy :thumbup:. Feel it all….don’t worry about the tiny winy intricacies of life, just go with the flow.

Thanks to my dream I made it here. Well until the next time – dream, bike, swimming etc who knows?? :facepalm:;);)

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Meenu, @Scorpio707

So the dreams brought the writer in you out here eh? The first thought was at least you didn't get hurt even though you had a stoned look! I think you had this dream because of the shift in your office situation :) Now that you have fallen in your dream, it may not come true and even though Bach says "you are never.......", he also concludes with a "unless you work hard for it!" . Now missy, while you see humor and all, it is time to have different dreams! Go on dreaming and give us some snippets to read !

3. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Scorpio,

Dreams, that too lucid dreams, hang on us a doubt. Are you sure Scorpio dreamed of a knocked down chair or the Alt-Scorpio (doppelganger) is dreaming of you writing this post now? Who is authentic? Are we dreaming of them or they dreaming of us which was captured inquiringly in Master Chuang's brevity.

Once upon a time, I, Chuang Chou, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Chou. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.

Since my first read of that inquiry, fascinated about the nature of reality.

Having lucid dreams that too of non-real and fun-filled intrigue is like living the span of two worlds in a single lifetime. Not many can claim such immensity, the ones who awake to misty recall: hmm, I was somewhere, doing something, but what?

The first time I had heard Propero's monologue in The Tempest, I didn't grasp it.

We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on; and our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.

For years, I was happily quoting Humphrey Bogart's comeback from The Maltese Falcon (1941): "The stuff that dreams are made of", until someone made me realize that "made of" is a butchered utterance of the original "made on". The original insinuation was not the elusiveness of the reality but the nestedness of the reality, like that Inception (2010) movie: dream within a dream.

It took a movie (Maltese Falcon) to blunder and another movie (Inception) to rectify the intrusion of Shakespearean dreams in our lives.

The chronological muse of Chuang and Prospero and Bogart and Nolan still linger on us ...say, in the insistence of your 'epic fall' with no outward bruises yet a mental tinge of me or she on the other side -- who is utmost real? Am I in the upside-down interpretation of Chuang and Bogart? Or, are we cascading up in dreams of untold magnitude of that of Prospero and Nolan.

That is what I would reckon dreams are made in! Dream away ...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019