1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Environment friendly tips and practices

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Sushma, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Sushma

Sushma New IL'ite

I live in Germany and I am very impressed with the concern that Germans have towards protecting the environment and conserving the natural resources. It is a whole different life style here.

In the spirit of borrowing good practices from around the world, I am starting this thread to exchange tips and practices that will help us to contribute our part towards protecting the environment and conserving the natural resources.

Ladies, we don't have to follow exactly what the Germans are doing. We can share some very simple and practical tips for our daily "Indian" lives.

Sushma

2. srideviprasad

srideviprasad New IL'ite

Hi Sushma,
    Everyone should know the importance of keeping the environment clean .We all know plastic bags are not environment friendly here is a tip that every one can follow (i.e) have a cloth bag your vehicle so whenever u do shopping use the bag instead of getting plasic covers. there by u can avoid plastic bags.

3. nehaathalye

nehaathalye New IL'ite

hi sushma:)

i am a new at this site , i got ur mail on conservation of environment ,

we live in Mumbai , so if u could give some tips which we can use in our daily routine , i will definately circular it to the people around me

awaiting for your reply

thanx
    Neha

4. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

We as part of environment should also preserve it for future generations. I have adopted the practice of taking a few covers that already exist in house and use them for my shopping. When ever a person gives any item to me in plastic cover, I take the item and give back the plastic cover to the shop keeper. In early days there was the concept of carrying a bag whenever one goes for shopping. If the same is followed atleast some percentage of covers are not used. I have made it a habit of avoiding to take plastic covers from shopkeepers whenever possible.

5. scindapsus

scindapsus Senior IL'ite

our human has great connection with environment, protecting environment is protect ourself.

6. supreep

supreep Gold IL'ite

always ask for paper bags instead of plastic bags

7. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Use organic waste like peels, waste food etc as food for plants .
    Prefer bicycles or walking if you need to go small distances. Good for health also.
    Always carry a bag while going out.