1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Environment friendly living

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by lakshmi_ssri, Jul 15, 2012.

1. lakshmi_ssri

lakshmi_ssri New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I have started this thread to share information that are critical for us to understand mother nature, try and align our lives in such a way that we live a sustainable life and leave a safe planet for the next generation.

Please share how you handle eco-friendly practices in your day-to-day life. It can be a great effort, a small initiative, just a change of attitude, or a community initiative. Some examples are:

1. Most of the food ingredients that I use are organic - I would say upto 60 percent. I am constantly thriving to find organic alternatives. Goal, good family health, encouraging sustainable and eco-friendly agriculture.
    2. One of my friend initiatied a go-green exercise in their 600 flat high end apartment in an upscale area in Bangalore. Now, they have trained their maids and drivers also to follow the procedures.
    3. One of the resorts I have partnered with,offer vacations that are 100% eco-friendly, good for health and learn sustainable living... This resort is completely dedicated for this cause... and they are doing pretty well in their business.

These are just some of the examples... I am sure there are hundreds and thousands of us who are already changing their practices for this cause. Share your thoughts and ideas here...

Together, lets make this a safe place to live for our children.

Warm Regards
    Swarna lakshmi

Admin Note: Read our latest features on environment,

9 Ways to Make Your Child Environment Conscious

Go Green in Kitchen and Bathroom

5 Effective Ways to Dispose E-Waste

2. lakshmi_ssri

lakshmi_ssri New IL'ite

Hi Everyone!!!

Hope your weekend was good. I was hoping to see some active responses for this initiative. But I think it will take time.

However, I have a couple of good links on this subject that I wished to share with all of you.

Here's the excellent article on sustainable living in Wiki, Sustainable living - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Please take a minute to read this. I also came across this website, an organization dedicated to this cause.

Sustainable Living Association

I will continue to share some of the good ideas in this forum, Please participate actively..
    Regards
    Swarna