Enlightening Thought A Day!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by EnlightenedSoul, Dec 16, 2016.

1. EnlightenedSoul

EnlightenedSoul IL Hall of Fame

2. EnlightenedSoul

Facts in Life Lesson:
    We shouldn't reveal our likes and dislikes & Emotions plain open heartedly.
    EVERYONE will use it against us to hurt, revenge, manipulate - as weapon against us, if situation & circumstances arises.
    BE CALCULATIVE in expressing your Likes and Dislikes & Emotions, TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM MANIPULATIVE PEOPLE.

3. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

Hi EnlightenedSoul
    It is true. I've experienced this. Nice thread!
    Rani.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  4. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

Positive Thinking

Jerry was the kind of guy you love to hate. He was always in a good mood and always had something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, “If I were any better, I would be twins!”
    He was a unique manager because he had several waiters who had followed him around from restaurant to restaurant. The reason the waiters followed Jerry was because of his attitude. He was a natural motivator. If an employee was having a bad day, Jerry was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.
    Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up to Jerry and asked him, “I don’t get it! You can’t be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?” Jerry replied, “Each morning I wake up and say to myself, Jerry, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or you can choose to be in a bad mood.’ I choose to be in a good mood. Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.”

“Yeah, right, it’s not that easy,” I protested.
    “Yes it is,” Jerry said. “Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people will affect your mood. You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line: It’s your choice how you live life.”
    I reflected on what Jerry said. Soon thereafter, I left the restaurant industry to start my own business. We lost touch, but often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it. Several years later, I heard that Jerry did something you are never supposed to do in a restaurant business: he left the back door open one morning and was held up at gunpoint by three armed robbers. While trying to open the safe, his hand, shaking from nervousness, slipped off the combination. The robbers panicked and shot him. Luckily, Jerry was found relatively quickly and rushed to the local trauma center. After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, Jerry was released from the hospital with fragments of the bullets still in his body. I saw Jerry about six months after the accident. When I asked him how he was, he replied, “If I were any better, I’d be twins. Wanna see my scars?”
    I declined to see his wounds, but did ask him what had gone through his mind as the robbery took place. “The first thing that went through my mind was that I should have locked the back door,” Jerry replied. “Then, as I lay on the floor, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live, or I could choose to die. I chose to live.”
    “Weren’t you scared? Did you lose consciousness?” I asked. Jerry continued, “The paramedics were great. They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the emergency room and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read, ‘He’s a dead man.’ I knew I needed to take action.”
    “What did you do?” I asked.
    “Well, there was a big, burly nurse shouting questions at me,” said Jerry. “She asked if I was allergic to anything. ‘Yes,’ I replied. The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply… I took a deep breath and yelled, ‘Bullets!’ Over their laughter, I told them, ‘I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead.”
    Jerry lived thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude. I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully. Attitude, after all, is everything.

Let this really sink in-
then choose how you start your day tomorrow.

5. EnlightenedSoul

"What Defines Us Is, How Well We Rise After Falling & Our Massive Success-
    It Is Our "The Best Revenge" to Our Haters"

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    Raniz and periamma like this.
  6. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

Face Difficulties Positively!

This parable is told of a farmer who owned an old mule. The mule fell into the farmer’s well. The farmer heard the mule praying or whatever mules do when they fall into wells.
    After carefully assessing the situation, the farmer sympathized with the mule, but decided that neither the mule nor the well was worth the trouble of saving. Instead, he called his neighbors together, told them what had happened, and enlisted them to help haul dirt to bury the old mule in the well and put him out of his misery.

Initially the old mule was hysterical! But as the farmer and his neighbors continued shoveling and the dirt hit his back, a thought struck him. It suddenly dawned on him that every time a shovel load of dirt landed on his back, HE WOULD SHAKE IT OFF AND STEP UP!

This he did, blow after blow. “Shake it off and step up… shake it off and step up… shake it off and step up!” He repeated to encourage himself. No matter how painful the blows, or how distressing the situation seemed, the old mule fought panic and just kept right on SHAKING IT OFF AND STEPPING UP!
    It wasn’t long before the old mule, battered and exhausted, stepped triumphantly over the wall of that well! What seemed like it would bury him actually helped him … all because of the manner in which he handled his adversity.

THAT’S LIFE! If we face our problems and respond to them positively, and refuse to give in to panic, bitterness, or self-pity.

Suja9, periamma and EnlightenedSoul like this.
  7. EnlightenedSoul

"When I Asked God for Strength
    He Gave Me Difficult Situations to Face

When I Asked God for
    Brain & Brown
    He Gave Me Puzzles in Life to Solve

When I Asked God for
    Happiness
    He Showed Me Some Unhappy People

When I Asked God for
    Wealth
    He Showed Me How to Work Hard

When I Asked God for
    Favors
    He Showed Me Opportunities to Work Hard

When I Asked God for
    Peace
    He Showed Me How to Help Others

God Gave Me
    Nothing I Wanted
    He Gave Me EVERYTHING I NEEDED!!

- Swami Vivekananda

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    AnooSA, knbg, Raniz and 1 other person like this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

9. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

The story of a woodcutter

Once upon a time, a very strong woodcutter asked for a job in a timber merchant and he got it. The pay was really good and so was the work condition. For those reasons, the woodcutter was determined to do his best.
    His boss gave him an axe and showed him the area where he supposed to work.

The first day, the woodcutter brought 18 trees.
    “Congratulations,” the boss said. “Go on that way!”
    Very motivated by the boss words, the woodcutter tried harder the next day, but he could only bring 15 trees. The third day he tried even harder, but he could only bring 10 trees. Day after day he was bringing less and less trees.
    “I must be losing my strength”, the woodcutter thought. He went to the boss and apologized, saying that he could not understand what was going on.
    “When was the last time you sharpened your axe?” the boss asked.
    “Sharpen? I had no time to sharpen my axe. I have been very busy trying to cut trees…”

Reflection:
    Our lives are like that. We sometimes get so busy that we don’t take time to sharpen the “axe”. In today’s world, it seems that everyone is busier than ever, but less happy that ever.
    Why is that? Could it be that we have forgotten how to stay “sharp”? There’s nothing wrong with activity and hard work. But we should not get so busy that we neglect the truly important things in life, like our personal life, taking time to get close to our Creator, giving more time for our family, taking time to read etc.
    We all need time to relax, to think and meditate, to learn and grow. If we don’t take the time to sharpen the “axe”, we will become dull and lose our effectiveness.

Author: Stephen Covey

10. EnlightenedSoul

"It is Under the Greatest Adversity, that there
    Exists the Greatest Potential for Doing Good,
    Both for Oneself & Others"

Raniz likes this.