1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

English, Hinglish or Tanglish????? Ask the Oxford Dictionary.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Dec 13, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hahahaha. But I have to give this to the Brits. They have sportingly accommodated our variations - good, bad, ugly - without any resentments. Give it to them. :-D

2. satchitananda

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Thanks so much for this bit of information. Was not so sure if it was myth or reality. :)

3. satchitananda

Thanks Chitra for the information. By the way, which Baba are you referring to? Sorry for my ignorance. :hide: :bonk

4. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Very nicely written...i still remember my dad saying me to learn spoken english and now things have changed a lot...Now i say my dad that much grammar is not needed when he talks to someone.. i say him to talk comfortably and he says thats what he is doing :)
    One more thingto add,if i give dictation to my aunt kids,i should have their book next to me to check them as if i dont know english :)
    Languages are evolving and we have to with them...

5. satchitananda

Very true Special. Languages are evolving, but it certainly helps to speak close to the way the natives speak it - especially when one starts working and has to interact with an international crowd. Which means we have to take into account the evolution as it has happened in their countries too. :spin

1 person likes this.