1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Encouraging Play, Fine Motor, Speech

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Kaput, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

Fitness center, play dough, stacking cups/blocks, movement songs, books in the play tunnel, walk in the park.

Gauri03 likes this.
  2. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

Modeling pretend play with her baby, stacking cups/blocks, movement songs, books in the play tunnel, walk in the park, sorting objects by type.
    I think I need to stop the sorting for now, she isn't getting the concept and runs away with the objects. I will try to get her to match pictures to objects instead.

Agniamber11 likes this.
  3. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

Stacking cups/blocks, play in park, walk, movement songs, books in tunnel

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

Fitness center, grocery store with her fruit/veg book, stacking cups/blocks, play dough, play in park, movement songs, books in tunnel

Sandycandy likes this.
  5. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

Spent the evening at mall - went to buy yet another set of earrings for D. Why did I think getting her ears pierced was a good idea? :sweat: One piercing closed a long time ago and she is now rocking the single earring trend.

Rihana and Sandycandy like this.
  6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Does she pull them out? What sort of earrings does she wear?

7. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

She keeps pulling on them constantly and they eventually come out.
    Earlier we had to get the kind with long posts that snap to close because the ear did not heal completely with all the pulling and needed cleaning twice a day.
    This time her ear is healed completely and we got screw back earrings. Planning to clean every other day but now I am not sure how to to do it without removing the earring because there isn't much of a gap.

8. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

books in play tunnel, stacking blocks/rings/cups, play dough, pretend play with dolls, action songs

Agniamber11 likes this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

When I got my DD's ears pierced, they gave me a liquid solution to apply with a Q-tip without removing the earring. I used to drip the solution onto her piercing and wipe the excess. Her ears healed in a couple of days. She wears micro ball studs with screw backs. They are very very tiny and light. I don't think she even noticed them.

Kaput likes this.
  10. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

How often do we need to clean with the liquid solution after the ears healed?
    My daughter was very guarded when we apply this solution to her ear. She doesn't like anyone paying close attention to her like that, probably thinks of injections, blood draws, etc. We tried to make it as pleasant as possible, singing to her and swinging her, and she lets us do it but always has a semi worried expression. And unfortunately, she is fixated on the ears and keep pulling on them and it bleeds. I distract her when I am around but can't be with her 24/7. It took more than a month to heal. The earrings were the smallest I found in the store but not micro ball, I will get that kind if she pulls these off.