1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Emotional Rollercoaster- Please Help

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by toffbird, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Suparni

Suparni Platinum IL'ite

you have crossed the toughest part of your life..........whenever you mind thinks of the past.........count your blessings in current life.......that is..........your happy married life instead...........this is the only way to stay cheerful...........

all of us have some phase in life which was dark......for some people it is more challenging.............the fact that people convert challenges into opportunities for success is an achievement..........celebrate the present!!

sindmani and toffbird like this.
  2. jennycee

jennycee Senior IL'ite

Hi dear, your childhood was pretty unhappy with a step-mother, painful memories will always be there, but you should move on. Only interact with your stepmother when you need to. I am glad you have a loving husband and mother-in-law, so count your blessings.

toffbird likes this.
  3. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

OP

You need closure for this emotional roller coaster. I can understand this little because I was always craving for my mother's love whole life. My mother was always biased towards my sister. Anyway please seek counselling and learn how not to get stressed.

toffbird likes this.
  4. happygolucky22

happygolucky22 Silver IL'ite

Its sad how in our patriarchal society and mindset how all the bad things are blamed on the step mom and the real biological dad is given a free pass. I have no suggestions as I do not know both sides of the story but it does appear that you have a very high set of standards for any mom to achieve and in the case here the stepmom clearly failed to reach those.
    My apologies if I sound harsh.

5. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

[​IMG]

Does this mean anything to you? She is not hurting you now...but you are the one hurting yourself...So problem is with in you and the solution is also with in you. If you can try breathing exercise.. your will understand your emotions in due course and you will live with it peacefully. For that , you should give power to you to change instead of blaming her. it 's water under the bridge. Move on with your precious life gal.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  6. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

The longing to be unconditionally loved is a fundamental part of every human being . For most people in their early life, their parents and grandparents provide this , and they grow up with a sense of security . If the mother/stepmother or father show restricted love to the child , it shatters their sense of security and stability . It's like a plant which is watered only occasionally , the flowers don't bloom .

What you have written about feeling like you were all alone in your childhood resonates with me so much. My own mother was emotionally manipulative and distant , my father turned a blind eye to what she did . For long periods of time I had this actual deep hatredness towards her that consumed my life . I wanted to make her suffer and feel regret at her insensitivity towards me . But if she suffered because of some reason , that dint make me happy either . I remember once she broke down for some reason and I was disturbed . I am reluctant to say that blood is thicker than water , I don't agree with that , but for what ever reason I couldn't really cut her off completely .

A part of me always mourned not having a loving mother. It's hard for me to even explain this dark cloud that hanged over me for much of my life . I think the shift started for me when I became more spiritual . Much of what dint make sense otherwise started becoming clear . One of the first books that I happened to read by accident was " find your inner peace " by Diane cooper . Whom we are born to is no accident , we choose who our parents will be in this lifetime and we choose them to have the experiences we end up having . Deep down we are all loved unconditionally and we are never ever really alone , but some of us are born or ended up to toxic parents because our soul needs to go through this journey to understand the true essence of love and that forgiveness is a big part of it.

It's been a long rocky road towards forgiveness and peace , but now I can speak to my mother ocassionally and spend sometime in a year with her , without this fierce anger and hate inside . I have accepted that our relationship will never be smooth , and she is not going to change . She was a flawed human being who dint know how to nurture a child , but I am an adult now and I take responsibility for my life . Each life is extremely precious and there is a purpose for which we are born . Resentment and bitterness towards anyone is a waste of this gift . repeat again and again , my life is too precious and valuable for me to lose sleep over some one else's bad behaviour . Wish you all the best.