1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery - Designer Saree - Vasthraa Creation 3

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by vasthraa, Mar 2, 2009.

1. vasthraa

vasthraa Platinum IL'ite

Hi Folks
    This is a customer saree. She wanted it to be transformed to a designer saree. She wanted it to be grand, eye-catching, subtle, not too flashy and gaudy. Can you folks come out with some nice designs and color combination. Help me please!

(Actually i ve finished the designing. I want to see the members' imagination and creativity to make it grand. Yep another guessing game. Ok, lets go) :thumbsup

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
    1 person likes this.

2. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

the flowers can be decorated by contrast colour sequents or stone work...the borders can also be decorated with stones...hey this is all that comes to my mind......but waiting to see your work...dont keep the suspense long..........

Rgds

Roopa

3. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hi IL's suspense queen!!

So you are testing our creativity... If I have the so called creativity 1%, I would have started a boutique - ANDAL's PALACE.

Anyway I am giving my humble suggestion. Sequence work in the border & some difference kundan / machine embroidery through out the sari...

Andal

4. vasthraa

vasthraa Platinum IL'ite

Hi Roopa n Andal
    Thanks for joining this thread and chipping your ideas. Let us wait for others. :hiya

5. theartisticone

theartisticone Gold IL'ite

hi vasthra :hiyaguessing game once again!!
    :coffee okay lets see, key words are:
    grand, eye-catching, subtle, not too flashy and gaudy. Can you folks come out with some nice designs and color combination.
    okay lets stick to the designs in the sari and we can use black thread to outline the flowers in the border and pallu, body remains plain - we retain the elegance of the sari! adding kundan / glass beads wil make it v noticeble so strike them out!
    attach black silk tassels at the pallau's edge, make the blouse in pure silk - black colour and embroider the sari flowers in the sleeves and the back strip!
    if you want to add a little more zing to it - use tiny white pearls - should look like real ones, to the border and pallu design - intersperse them - just like you would do in a beaded crochet- here and there! actually if the embroidery is hande done it will add more elegance to the sari lets see,hm....... you can use the PORTUGESE KNOTTED STEM or the PEARL STITCH - YOU CAN HAVE A LOOK AT THE LATTER STITCH IN MY CREWEL EMBROIDERY THREAD! the first one i will post the pic in this !
    lets see how you like my design?!:hide:Big Laugh

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  6. chitti67

chitti67 Silver IL'ite

very first opened ur thread today as its always something different n eyecatching, innovative....
    my idea as per ur customer demands..
    go for light orange shades for sober looks n second choice maroon for grand look... light pin kvl also do ..paint the roses and other flower alternately with pearl paintings

otherwise u can fill the flower with machine embroidery..
    other idea is i saw some embossing art on saree but im not sure how exactly its done..if u have the idea u can go for it for the roses..

u can do cutwork..its definitely goes well.(im much fascinated by this art nowadays)

or u can make a block of the exact shape of the rose and other flower n go for block printing and adding devdas chamki or stones here and there...in all the above..
    (but im sure u have something new idea :hide: ) dont make us to wait for long plsssssssssssss...

BTW is it benaras saree!!..my hubby presented me the exact colour combi benaras saree 3 yrs back.. n its 3d saree...

7. richass

richass Bronze IL'ite

Vastraa..

I love the saree.
    and i am also sure that you know what is best to make it grand.

just a little guess work from my end is you might decorate it with stones or kundan or contrast color......i am clueless

waiting for your idea

8. vasthraa

vasthraa Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Su, Lakshmi and Richaas for joining the thread. The rate at which you guys are going i think i ll go jobless :spin. Thank GOD you guys are not in Malaysia. :). Su I m really fascinated by your ideas. Pls dont ever toy the idea of opening up a store here :bowdown

9. AVpoornima

AVpoornima Gold IL'ite

hi vasthraa
    started ur suspense. my idea is to paint the roses and to do aari work

10. vasthraa

vasthraa Platinum IL'ite

Hi AVpoornima
    >started ur suspense. my idea is to paint the roses and to do aari work

Thank you Poornima for joining in. Since there are no more takers i ll send the pics in my next post