1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eligible Bachelor

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Mar 15, 2018.

1. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks @peddadas. Yes it may sound little odd but sometimes this happens.

2. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

@Deborah Thats true. Some decisions are hard to take but the result turns out to be positive.

ratan likes this.
  3. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you for liking it. I know Samyak's family will be shocked but lets see what future has in store for him.

ratan likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

muggs, good narration, the story moves smoothly, with enough happening in each episode, and giving us insight into each character.

I have mixed feelings about Niharika's decision to call off the engagement. They hardly had time to get to know each other, and she brought in her past out of the blue. Such discussion should happen, and it is better to talk about the past, because it is a big part of who we become, but to spring it on him like that, and over chat/phone, is not a well-thought decision. She goes to a reunion, meets an old flame, feels a little unsettled and tells it all to fiance. What was the point of telling him? To relieve herself of guilt? To test him? No matter why she tells him, such delicate topics need to be brought up with some tact, whether by the girl or the boy.

I feel more sorry for Samyak. She breaks off the engagement without giving him a chance to talk in person. With all the advances in technology, nothing equals in-person discussion. He in a way is paying the price for her parents having pressured her to break off in the past.

Your story shows nice handling of a very debatable topic. Looking forward to next episodes.

peddadas, muggs, ratan and 1 other person like this.
  5. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

You are absolutely right. I am agree with you.Married life is not so easy in present time like in 50s 60s...People change spouse as a cloth so it is necessary to understand eachother's perspective and attitude during courtship.After marriage, breakup & devorce process is very painful n traumatic physically as well as mentally.

muggs likes this.
  6. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

@Rihana. True. Life's decisions are also becoming fast and instant like food because nobody has time to churn even think on sensitive topic. Responses are becoming reactions. Both Samyak & Niharika reacted to eachother instantly. So breakup was natural.

muggs likes this.
  7. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I was about to comment on the similar lines. This information was pounced upon to Samyak and I could see both of them haven't handled this well. Feeling sorry nor Samyak

@muggs: I love your narration. It really brings the situation before our eyes

muggs likes this.
  8. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks @Rihana for your feedback. I feel sometimes this happens in arranged marriage. Boy and girl don't get enough time before engagement and during courtship, if something comes up, it needs to be handled carefully. People get attached and involved emotionally with someone and such situation impacts them badly.

9. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

That's true if something happens after marriage, it is more painful. I am sure life was not easy in 50s 60s as well but I would say people might have more patience and tolerance that time.

ratan likes this.
  10. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your feedback @blackbeauty84. That's correct... Samyak is badly affected in all this because he got emotionally attached to Niharika. Let's see how life turns out to him now.