1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eligible Bachelor

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Good story and I like Niharika's thinking.Atleast she is not afraid of what might happen and knows what she wants out of her marriage. If she cant have trust ,there is no point of subjugating to parent's wishes.

muggs and ratan like this.
  2. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

I think, this relationship could' nt be continue further becoz trust is now missing. Trust is foundation of marriage life. Good going@ Muggs.

muggs likes this.
  3. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

I agree with you. No need to compromise always.

muggs likes this.
  4. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks, @Deborah, and @ratan for reading and expressing your thoughts.:thumbup: There are always two sides of the story... let's see how Samyak will take it in the next chapter.

ratan likes this.
  5. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

waiting for the next chapter. of course,there are 2 sides and excited to read how you bring it forward.But any other girl (including myself,although not proud of it ) would be scared at losing a good match and apologize for making fiance upset by past and make promises that she has no connection with the past and only loves him.Therefore ,really like how Niharika is standing up for what she wants in a marriage and ready to call it off for the right reason.I hope this is the only reason .Only @muggs can disclose what happens next.

muggs and ratan like this.
  6. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Waiting eagerlu to see what would Niharika do?

muggs likes this.
  7. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Good going @muggs
    Waiting for the next chapters....

muggs likes this.
  8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Ahh..sounding good!

muggs likes this.
  9. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks, everyone for taking out time and giving your valuable comments. :cheer:It really means a lot to me. Working on the story and will post the next part very soon.:icon_writing:

ratan likes this.
  10. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 8

After 2 days, Samyak landed at the Delhi Airport. He thought he will go to Jaipur first and meet Niharika and then go to Hyderabad. He called up Ajay thinking that it may look odd to them if he reach to his in law’s house without informing.

“Hello, Uncle… Samyak here. How are you?”

“Samyak beta… I am good. How are you? How is your work going?” Seema has not told anything to Ajay yet.

“I am fine. Actually, uncle, I am back. Just landed now. I want to surprise everyone so not told to anyone that I am coming back.” Samyak replied.

“Ohh really… that’s a pleasant surprise.” Ajay said happily.

“Uncle if you don’t mind, can I come to Jaipur today and meet Niharika? I want to surprise her.” Samyak asked hesitatingly.

“Why not? This is your house beta. You can come whenever you want. Don’t worry, I will not tell anything to Niharika.” Ajay said happily.

“Thank you, uncle. I will reach in few hours.” Samyak is very excited.

After that, he called Vedant and told him that he will be reaching Hyderabad by tomorrow early morning flight but not to tell his parents.

Ajay went to the kitchen and told Seema about Samyak’s plan.

“What is he coming today?” Seema got worried now.

“Yes, he will here in few hours. You ask Niharika to be at home but don’t tell her anything.” Ajay instructed.

“Ohh, God… What should I do now?” Seema murmured.

“Why are you panicking? What happened? Is something wrong?” Ajay sensed some issue.

“Look Ajay don’t get angry. First, you listen to me patiently.” Seema said hesitatingly.

“What is it, tell me clearly?” Ajay got tensed.

Seema told everything to Ajay. His face turned red.

“Why didn’t you tell me all this before? Where is Niharika? Let me talk to her. She is acting childish.” Ajay came outside the kitchen.

“Don’t say anything to her in haste. She is very vulnerable at this moment.” Seema stopped him.

“Seema it's not a game or something. It’s a matter of marriage. We can not just break it up anytime.” Ajay said.

“That’s what I am saying. It’s a very sensitive matter. It is about her whole life and when she is not happy what is the point?” Seema reasoned.

“I don’t understand why are you supporting her childish behavior.” Ajay looked at Seema.

“Ajay, we already forced our decision on her once. She accepted that with a heavy heart. I am afraid if we will do it again, how will she react? Ajay, she is our only daughter. I want her to be happy, don’t you?” Seema said with breaking voice. Her eyes filled with tears.

Ajay sadly sat on the chair and held his head. He doesn’t know what to do? His mind is reasoning. He got up and went to Niharika’s room. Seema followed him.

“Niharika… I want to talk to you.” Ajay said.

“Yes Papa… tell me. What happened?” Niharika looked at him questioningly.

They talked for some time and at the end, Ajay asked Niharika,

“Are you sure? Is this your final decision?”

“Yes, Papa.” Niharika replied. Her eyes are wet.

“Samyak will be here in some time. We need to tell him this.” Ajay looked at Seema.

“Papa can I talk to him?” Niharika asked.

Ajay looked at her surprisingly and nodded.

The doorbell rang. Ajay and Seema went outside.

Ajay opened the door. It is Samyak.

“Namaste Uncle. How are you?” He touched Ajay’s feet.

“I am okay. How are you? Please come inside.” Ajay asked.

“I am also good.” Samyak entered the house and touched Seema’s feet. She couldn’t speak anything. Just touched his head. She is very nervous.

Ajay asked Samyak to sit. Seema went inside the kitchen. Ajay and Samyak talked for a while regarding his work. Seema got some tea and snacks.

“There is no need of all this Aunty.” Samyak said politely.

“You have come from a long journey. Have something.” Ajay and Seema told him.

While having tea, Samyak’s eyes are looking around to get a glimpse of Niharika.

Suddenly there is complete silence. Ajay and Seema are looking towards each other. Samyak is also feeling little awkwardness. He looked at their faces and couldn’t stop himself to ask, “What happened? You guys are looking tense.”

“We want to talk about something.” Ajay has to start the unwanted conversation.

Now Samyak is feeling nervous. His excitement is fading now. He looked around again but couldn’t find Niharika.

“Look Samyak, Niharika told us what is going on between you two for the last couple of days.” Ajay started.

Samyak is stunned as he is not expected this. He knows that Niharika is hurt and upset with him but her parents, also know about it, is a surprise for him.

“Uncle I know I hurt Niharika, but I am really sorry about it. I tried to talk to her but she is not answering my calls or messages. So I planned to come here first and talk to her.” Samyak told Ajay.

Ajay felt bad that Samyak is sorry but there is no point in it now. Niharika has made up her mind. So he called Niharika.

“You can talk to her.” Ajay pointed towards her. Niharika came outside. Samyak stood up from his place and felt relieved looking at her. Finally, he can talk and explain to her face to face.

“Hi Niharika” Samyak said with a little smile on his face.

“Hi Samyak” Niharika sat down.

“How are you? Are you still angry with me? I tried to call you so many times.” Whatever Samyak has expected, nothing is happening. Niharika is not at all looking happy or surprised with his visit. But he didn’t bring that up.

“Ya I know I was very angry and hurt that day and so I avoided all your calls and messages. But then I gave myself some time and sincerely thought about it. I think we are not meant to be together.” Niharika told Samyak calmly. Samyak’s face turned white. His throat got all dried up. He wasn’t expecting it coming.

“What are you saying Niharika? Are you breaking this engagement? Is that what you mean? Please don’t take any decision in haste.” Samyak tried to convince her.

“I have given it a thought and then only I decided.” Niharika explained.

“But I said I am sorry. Whatever I said was on the spur of that moment. I started falling for you the first time we met and I didn’t realize when it has turned into love. When you told me, I couldn’t take it, that to whom I love so much, can have or had feelings for someone else. I have never been in any relationship before, so understanding your past had become tough for me. But after some time, I realized it would have been more difficult for you to share it all with me but still, you did. And my reaction would have surely hurt you deeply. I am really feeling bad about it.” Samyak tried to explain his point.

“I understand your point Samyak and I also know you felt bad and I appreciate your apologies. But you know what, a misunderstanding is the greatest distance between two people. And this whole thing made us very far from each other. I don’t want our relationship to start with a distance which I don’t know can be bridged or not. And even if we tried, I don’t how long it would survive.” Niharika is also feeling bad but she knows she is doing the right thing. Her heart is not anymore in this relationship.

“But Niharika, don’t you think we deserve one more chance.” Samyak is in shock.

“Samyak I don’t want to start this delicate thread of our relationship with already a knot in it.” Niharika replied.

Samyak realized that Niharika has already made up her mind. He looked at Ajay and Seema and their expressions said it all.

“I still think we can sort it out but I understand your point and I trust your decision. That’s, the least two things which I can do at this time.” Samyak said with a heavy heart. His eyes are wet.

He sighed and offered a handshake, “I wish you best for your life Niharika.”

“Wish you the same.” She shook hands.

Samyak came out of Niharika’s house hurriedly and sat in the cab. He couldn’t control himself and tears rolled down from his eyes.

PLK, Arunarc, blissfull and 3 others like this.