1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eligible Bachelor

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Mar 15, 2018.

1. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Oye Oye. .Super...

muggs likes this.
  2. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks so much @ratan :smiley:

3. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

@peddadas Thank you:smiley:

4. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

Nice going... hope now there will be twists and turns happening.

muggs likes this.
  5. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Yes. Me too think so. Courtship is not so easy nowadays.

muggs likes this.
  6. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Yes... @rupz and @ratan ... story will definitely take a turn.

ratan likes this.
  7. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Eagerly waiting for next chapter.:shakehead::sconf:

muggs likes this.
  8. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 6

Samyak got a window seat on the plane. The plane took off and he is flying in between clouds. He looked outside from the window. The city is fading gradually and clouds are floating in the sky. He is also on cloud 9 indeed. He has never felt like this before. His heart is happy and sad at the same time. He finally met someone special in his life but he has to travel so far before he can actually spend some more time with Niharika. She is all over in his thoughts, mind, and heart. Her beautiful face, her expressive eyes, innocent smile are still revolving in front of him.

“Ohh boy, what is this happening to me? I want so much to be around her. I wish I could have stayed back or she can come with me. Ahhh… Is this love? Ohh no… that can’t happen so fast? Or maybe it can?” Samyak is talking to himself and smiling. He closed his eyes thinking about her.

When he woke up he is in the new land. The plane landed at Sydney Airport. He got down, collected his luggage and arrived at the apartment. He has to stay at the service apartment provided by his company for the next 6 months. He checked in his room and lied on the bed. He took out his cell phone and connected the wifi. He called his parents.

“Did you reach safely? How is everything there? Did you eat anything? Is it cold there?” Anita showered her series of questions just like any thoughtful and worried mother.

“Everything is fine, Mummy. Don’t worry. I ate on the plane and weather is also pleasant.” Samyak assured her.

Vivek and Anita talked for some more time with Samyak and given him few more instructions to take care of himself.

“Ok, now you take some rest. You have to join from tomorrow.” Vivek told Samyak.

“Ok, Papa… I will call tomorrow. Bye.” Samyak said.

“Ok son… take care. Bye.” They both said simultaneously.

Samyak kept the phone down and thought of taking the shower. But he again grabbed his phone and search the contact list. He looked at Niharika’s number and dialed.

“Hello” a sweet voice answered the call.

“Hi… It's Samyak here.”

“Hi… how are you? How was your flight.” Niharika asked Samyak.

“It was good. How are you? Were you busy?” Samyak replied.

“No… No… I was just sitting and looking at engagement pics. Vedant bhaiya shared some.” Niharika told.

“Ohh that’s great. I didn’t get a chance yet to look at them. I called mummy papa and then I thought I call you.”

“Ohh yes… you must be tired. Did you eat something?” Niharika checked.

“No, not yet. I will grab something to eat afterward.” Samyak liked this care from her.

“No, not afterward. First, you eat something and take some rest. You have office tomorrow. We can talk later.” Niharika told him.

He felt so special and cared for the first time. No questions that parents do care and love their children, but this feeling is different. This is really special.

“Ok as you say, Ma’am.” Samyak smiled.

Niharika also smiled.

They both hung up. This is the first phone call of their courtship period and the chain of phone calls, messages, emails have started. Samyak is getting emotionally attached to Niharika pretty soon. They started talking almost every day after Samyak returned from office. They talk about everything, their everyday routine, food, office, family, music, movies, books, friends.

Their families are also in touch. They have decided the wedding date and venue. As soon Samyak gets back from his trip, they want marriage to happen. So they have started the basic preparations. Close relatives have been informed.

Two months have passed. One Sunday, Samyak called Niharika but she didn’t answer. He sent her a message as well. After few hours he got a call from Niharika so he picked up quickly.

“Hi… What’s up? Sorry I couldn’t take your call. I went out with some of my college friends. It was kind of a reunion. And I forgot to carry my phone.” Niharika said.

“Ohh… that’s nice. So did you enjoy? Meeting old friends would be great.” Samyak asked Niharika.

“Yes, it was good.” She replied lowly.

“You are sounding low. What happened? Is everything fine?” Samyak got something is not right.

“No… nothing to worry. All ok. It's just…” Niharika was not sounding herself today.

“No, I am sure there is something. Tell me, What is it?” Samyak wants to know badly what is bothering Niharika.

“Ahh… actually, I don’t know how you will take it but I want to tell you something. In college, I had a very good friend, Jai. We used to like each other. We were in the same class. We were very serious about our relationship, but after college, when I told my parents about it, they said no. I tried to convince them, but they told me clearly they will never get agree to this. Jai belongs to a different community. I did not want to hurt my parents' feelings and do something against their wish, so I made myself understand and broke up with him. I haven’t met him after that but today I got to meet him after so many days. I was not expecting him to be there as he moved to different city.”

It’s a pin drop silence from Samyak’s side. He was not expecting this at all. He is completely speechless.

“Are you there? Hello… Samyak” Niharika checked is he still on the call.

“Hmm,” Samyak said.

“Samyak don’t take me wrong. It was all past. I haven’t spoken to him since then. Why are you not saying anything?”

“I don’t know Niharika what to say. I am… I think you should sleep now. I will call you tomorrow.” Samyak is not in a mood for any further conversation.

“But Samyak…”

“Bye Niharika.”

“Bye.”

They both hang up.

Niharika is feeling very bad how Samyak reacted to the situation. She couldn’t understand Samyak’s reaction as he hardly spoke anything and disconnected the call suddenly.

Samyak is feeling very uncomfortable after talking to Niharika. He is not able to sleep. His mind not letting him accept the fact that whatever Niharika told him is just her past. His mind started reasoning what if she still has some feeling for Jai. What if, they are still good friends. What if, she is doing this marriage under her family’s pressure. So many ifs and he doesn’t have an answer to any of them.

PLK, Rihana, VinuthaS and 5 others like this.
  9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Here is where his intelligence/culture can be tested...will wait to see how he reacts ... He cannot be possessive..

muggs likes this.
  10. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 7

Next day Samyak is trying to concentrate on his work but he is unable to do it. Somehow office hours got over and he comes out of the office with his backpack on his shoulders. He thought of taking a walk to his apartment instead of a bus which he usually takes. He is looking around and started walking. His phone starts vibrating. He kept it on silent during office hours.

He took it out from his pocket and looked at the screen. It was Niharika’s.

“Hi Samyak… are you still in office? I thought you will be free by now so I called you.” Niharika’s voice is sounding low.

“Yes, I just left office. I was also thinking to call you.” Samyak told.

“Then why didn’t you call?” Niharika asked.

“I don’t know. I am sorry I had disconnected yesterday suddenly but I was feeling awkward and uncomfortable.” Samyak doesn’t have a clear answer. His mind is still occupied with all the ifs.

“I told you it was all past. Anyone can have a past.” Niharika reasoned.

“Yes but still I have some questions. I don’t know why but I am not able to accept it.”

“Ok… then ask what is all in your mind?” Niharika’s tone has also changed now.

“Are you really happy with our relationship? Are you 100% sure that nothing is there left in your heart for Jai? Are you…??”

“Ohh wait… so you are doubting me?” Niharika felt accused.

“No, I just want you to be sure…” Samyak tried to speak.

“You want me to be sure or yourself? Do you have doubts about me? I told you I broke up with him and if I would have feelings for him, I would have kept talking to him. But I told you I was not in touch with him since then. Still you think…”

“Niharika, please don’t take me wrong. I was so restless after our conversation, all these things were coming into my mind. I felt you are doing all this under your family’s pressure.”

“Ahh, Samyak, do you remember, when you asked me what I expect from my life partner, I said only trust and understanding, nothing else matters. But today I feel both are missing.”

“No Niharika, please don’t say this. I am sorry if I have hurt you. My intentions were not that at all.”

“I don’t know Samyak what should I say now.” Niharika is disappointed and so is Samyak.

Niharika started crying and disconnected the call. Samyak called her back but she didn’t pick it. Samyak messaged her but she didn’t reply. Now he is getting restless again.

“Ahh… I should not have said all that to her. She misunderstood me. I just wanted everything to be sorted.” He thought.

Seema called Niharika for dinner but she didn’t come out of her room. So she went to her room. Niharika was sitting her hands folded around her knees and her eyes filled with tears.

“What happened? Why are you crying? Niharika tell me?” Seema rushed towards her.

Niharika hugged her mother.

“Tell me, please. What is it? Ok first relax. Wipe your tears.” She wiped her face and hold her hands.

“Mummy… Samyak…”

“What Samyak? Did you have a fight with him? Did he say something to you? Tell me beta.” Seema is getting worried now.

“Mummy he is having doubts about me.” NIharika tried to speak.

“What doubts? What did he say? Tell me everything.”

Niharika told everything to her mother.

“Ohh God Niharika… What was the need to tell him? It was all ended long before.”

“I just wanted to share it with him.” Niharika reasoned.

“Now you see the result. Just wanted to share.” Seema holds her head.

“But he doesn’t understand me. He thought I still have feelings for Jai. How can I marry someone who doesn’t trust me?”

Listening to this Seema’s face turned pale. She got worried about where the conversation is heading.

“What do you mean How can you marry? What is going in your mind? See it’s a small misunderstanding and he said sorry to you. Now you also forget everything and call him back.”

Seema tried to wrap up this matter here. She knew if Ajay got to know about all this he will be very angry. And what about Samyak’s parents? What if Samyak told them about Jai, what will they think? What if they break up this alliance? Everyone will make different kinds of talk about Niharika and us.

“He said sorry but he doubted me. This can happen again. If anything happens after marriage then how will I handle? He will just say sorry and I should let it go that’s what you expect me to do?” Niharika was furious this time.

“Listen, dear… don’t take any decision in haste. I understand you are hurt but it doesn’t mean you break up. You talk to him and I am sure he will understand. If he was dominating why he would have said sorry?” Seema understood the sensitivity of the matter so she tried to calm her down softly.

But Niharika was in no mood to talk to Samyak, “Mummy please I know you guys will never understand me. That time also you and Papa told me bluntly that Jai is not the right fit and now also both of you will pressurize me. I have to compromise always.” Niharika stood up and went outside.

Seema tried to stop her but she did not listen.

Vivek and Anita just finished their talk with Samyak.

“Today Samyak was sounding very low. I hope his health is good. I asked him so many times but he doesn’t tell us anything.” Anita told Vivek worriedly. Samyak has not told anything to his parents about the conversation he had with Niharika.

“Yes, I also felt there is something bothering him. Maybe there is something related to work. He works so hard all day and then he is also away from the house.” Vivek is also little worried.

“Yes, sometimes I think we should not have let him go alone. We should have let him get married first, then wherever he wanted to go they could have gone together.” Anita said.

“Hmm… but this was a very good opportunity in his career and it will help him grow. Its okay he will be back in few months and get married also. After that, you will need not to worry about him. Your daughter-in-law will be here to take care everything.” Vivek consoled Anita.

They have no idea what is going on and what will be going to happen next.

Samyak tried to call Niharika, he messaged her also but all in vain. He understood she is very upset and hurt but he is not having the slightest idea that she is thinking about breaking up this engagement.

Next day when he reached the office, his manager called and told him that project is progressing very nicely and he can handle the rest of it from India. So he can travel back. Samyak is very happy thinking about going back. This long-distance relationship is getting very difficult. He planned that he will give a surprise to everyone and also he will get to talk to Niharika face to face and pacify her.

Rihana, VinuthaS, Rampuri9 and 2 others like this.