1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eligible Bachelor

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Mar 15, 2018.

1. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Waiting to know the reaction of aastha.you took long break at the right time.

muggs likes this.
  2. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much @Anabalas for reading and liking it :blush:

3. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Sorry about keeping you all waiting for long...
    @aarthi28 will post the next part soon.

4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Waiting for Aastha s reaction!

muggs likes this.
  5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 21

Aastha was pacing around in her room, as she was not able to sleep. Every word Samyak spoke in the cruise has touched her heart. Now she knew exactly what Samyak thinks and how serious and sincere he is about her. But what about her? What are her feelings for him? Is she ready for this second chance? Does she also love him? Somewhere her heart knows that Samyak is the perfect partner for him. The way he treats her, makes her feel special, he wants her to come out of the past and embrace the life once again, all are making Aastha realized that she also reciprocates those feelings for him. But still something is bothering her to accept it. She is very confused and disturbed. To get some fresh air, she came out of her room and went to the hotel’s garden. She sat on a bench there and a fountain was running in front of her. Cool winds are flowing. She closed her eyes. It was a calm night. Suddenly she felt a touch on her shoulder and turned around to see.

“Chikki… what are you doing here? You haven’t slept yet.” Mohit was standing there.

“Mohit… ya, I was not able to sleep so thought of coming out here. I thought you all were asleep.” Aastha replied.

“Ohh yes… As soon as we came back from the cruise, Kavya slept. She was very tired. I was also sleeping but got a call from the office. Something urgent came up so came outside to take the call. Then I saw you sitting here.” Mohit came in front and sat beside Aastha on the bench.

“Ok…” Aastha said.

“So tell me what happened? Something has happened… I know.” Mohit questioned her.

“Nothing happened… just not feeling sleepy so came out.” Aastha tried to hide the conflict of her feelings.

“See I can feel something is there. After the cruise, you were lost in thoughts. All over the way back you hardly spoke anything. You can share with me if there is anything bothering you?” Mohit tried to dig a little bit.

Aastha needed someone to talk at this moment so without much more resistance she decided to tell Mohit everything.

“Samyak proposed to me.” She said softly.

“Whaaaat…..??? Realllyyyyy…” Mohit’s voice raised with excitement.

“Shhh… ” Aastha gestured her hand to make his voice low.

“Ohh Sorry… but this is such a great news that I couldn’t control. So what did you say?” Mohit asked with curiosity.

“Nothing” Aastha said.

“What? You said nothing. Why? You don’t like him?” Mohit asked with disappointment.

“No… I like him but…” Aastha couldn’t complete her sentence.

“Ohhooo so you like him… means fire sparks are equally on both sides.” Mohit teased her with a smile.

“Offo Mohit… It’s not that simple. I don’t know what to say. I was so surprised when Samyak shared his feelings and couldn’t say anything that time.” Aastha said.

“I understand it is complicated but that’s what you have to do. You have to sort out your feelings and share it with him. He must be waiting for your answer.” Mohit said calmly.

“I know… but I am very confused. I know he is very nice, caring, affectionate. He understands me, respects me and loves me. He would be the perfect life partner for me. But…” Aastha took a pause.

“But what?? If you feel this way for Samyak, what is that which is stopping you from going ahead?” Mohit couldn’t understand.

“But you know what happened in the past. It all comes to my mind unwillingly. It pulls me back and I am afraid if something happens. I would not be able to take it.” Aastha’s voice broke.

Mohit took her hand and said, “Look chikki… I know it was harsh and terrifying part of your life and it keeps haunting you but that is what you have to come over. And Samyak who knows everything about it wants to be with you. His love, care, and warmth will give you strength. He has stretched his hands towards you. Just hold his hand and move ahead. I am sure he will never leave it. And your fear of what happens in future will also fade away with his tenderness.”

Tears are rolled down from Aastha’s eyes. Mohit wiped her tears and said again, “Chikki… you are an amazing person and you deserve all the happiness. I know Samyak will always keep you happy. Don’t think what had happened or what would happen. The most important thing at present is to answer one question… “Do you love him?”…. Don’t give me the answer. Give it to yourself.”

Aastha looked at Mohit and thought for a while. Her heart got the answer and so was Mohit looking at her face.

Next morning, Kavya and Mohit were sitting at the breakfast table. They are all set for the exciting day as they are going to visit Eiffel Tower today. Aastha came after few minutes and joined them. She was wearing a blue dress with white flowers printed on it. A stone studded belt is tied around her waist. She left her hair loose and wore heart-shaped hoop earrings.

“Good Morning…” She wished them.

“Good Morning… Wow Aastha, you are looking very pretty today.” Kavya said looking at her smiling. Mohit also wished her.

“Thank you.” Aastha smiled.

“Where is Samyak? Today he is taking so much time to get ready.” Kavya said looking at her watch and taking out her cellphone to call him. Hearing Samyak’s name has increased Aastha’s heartbeat.

“No need to call… he is coming.” Mohit pointed towards the door from where Samyak was walking towards them. He was wearing blue jeans and a white polo t-shirt. He came to the table and sat beside Aastha as Kavya and Mohit were sitting opposite to them. He looked at Aastha. She was looking beautiful and he was dying to complement her but he held back.

“So what’s the plan?” Samyak asked Mohit sipping his coffee.

“We will go to “Saint Chapelle” first and from there the “Louvre” museum and lastly the Eiffel Tower.” Mohit explained pointing on a map.

“Sounds cool. Let's get started then.” Samyak said excitedly. He looked at Aastha with the corner of his eyes. He is nervously waiting for her answer.

They all took the cab and reached Saint Chapelle. It is the beautiful church and must visit place of Paris. When they walked inside, the colorful large stained glass windows took their breath away.

“It's huge. Look at the depth.” Kavya said with wonder.

“It is the prettiest church, I have ever seen.” Aastha said in agreement. She started taking pictures from her camera.

Mohit held Kavya’s hand and they went ahead looking around leaving Aastha and Samyak behind.

Aastha was focusing her camera at different angles and at one point, it captured Samyak who was sitting on one of the benches and looking at the huge ceiling painted colorful. She stopped it there and focused him and clicked a picture. She went towards him and sat beside. Samyak looked around and surprised to see her.

“Ohh Hi… I haven’t seen you coming. So done with pictures?” He checked.

“Yup… took so many but finally got the one I was looking for.” And she showed him his photo.

Samyak is amazed as he couldn’t believe what she just said and what is she showing is actually he himself. He was not able to speak anything but his eyes are radiating with happiness. He wanted to listen from Aastha’s mouth so he tried to act naïve and looked at her questioningly.

“Yes… It’s you and I am… I am ready to hold your hand and want to be part of your life.” She said looking into his eyes.

“Really…. I …. I can’t tell you how I am feeling right now. You have given me the best present of my life and that’s you.” Samyak was ecstatic.

“No Samyak… I am fortunate that you came into my life. You have given me the confidence and strength to overcome my past and move on. The fear, which was holding me back for so long, you have made it disappear with your warmth and care. Every time when you were with me, you instilled a faith in me. You always make me feel special and good about myself. Thank you so much for being in my life.” Aastha’s eyes and heart filled with emotions.

Samyak with little hesitation gently held her hand and said, “You need not thank me. I am and will always be there for you and it is totally my pleasure.”

They looked into each other’s eyes and rest of the conversation was done through the eyes. Mohit and Kavya saw everything from little far and after some time stepped towards them.

“Ahem Ahem…” Mohit and Kavya teased them.

Suddenly they realized their presence and Samyak and Aastha leave hands but Kavya came forward and put their hands together again and said, “Don’t leave it ever. We are so happy for you guys.”

6. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Posted the next one @Needtobestrong :)

Needtobestrong and aarthi28 like this.
  7. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Good going. What next. Will there be any opposition from Sam yanks parentss. Interesting to and awaited.

muggs likes this.
  8. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Very well knitted. Hope, all will be well further.:cheer:

muggs likes this.
  9. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Like the way Mohit made her realise.

Hope there would be no external forces involve to disturb this harmony

muggs and ratan like this.
  10. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite