1. Hottest Summer Days around India - Beat the Heat with these Smoothies and Summer Cooler Recipes
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer Activities for Kids in U.S. Checkout New and Interesting Ideas Kids will Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Take the 100 Days Positivity Challenge : Join Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eligibility age to enrol child in CBSE (1st class)

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by lavanyakiran, Mar 25, 2008.

1. lavanyakiran

lavanyakiran New IL'ite

Re: Who am I? - Part II

Hai,
    I am lavanyakiran from hyderabad, i found this site when i was looking for age criteria to get admission in CBSE .

can any one please tell me what should be the minimum age a child should have to get into 1st class in CBSE schools?

my daughter would be 2yrs 2months by june 08, i am in aconfusion that whether i have to join her in play school/nursery

kindly post ur sugestions.
    thanks in advance

Cheers,
    Lavanya

2. vase

vase Senior IL'ite

Hi Lavanya

As far as I know (also with experience of 2 kids in classes beyond 1st class), the eligible age to go for 1st class is 5-1/2 yrs as of 1st June of that year.

So your kid is likely to go into 1st class in 4 years time. Nevertheless, I would suggest you to enquire with schools like DPS, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, etc. (who are on CBSE) to make a decision.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any further clarifications.

Cheers

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi lavanya,

Your child should have completed 3, when seeking admission into kg in most schools. so the child will be 5+ or 6 when she is in 1st standard. most schools prefer 6 for first standard.

Again it depends on the school.

4. lavanyakiran

lavanyakiran New IL'ite

Hai,
    thanks for ur reply.
    even in CBSE schools each school is having different rules, where can i get the exact CBSE rules?

Cheers,
    Lavanya Kiran