1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Elevated Testosterone Level In Women

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Happygirl6, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Happygirl6

Happygirl6 Bronze IL'ite

Hello all

I would like to share my problem with you so that i might get valuable suggestions. I am 29 year old recently married. i went for physical tests and everything is normal except my testosterone which is elevated. I didnt have my periods from 4 months and this happened twice in a year.After using some pills which doctor gave i got my period. I had put on a lot of weight in recent times ( about 12 kg) due to stress and i am trying to shed off .Doctor told me tht i might have pcos but she asked me to visit a gynecalogist. Gynic doctor whom i visited doesnt deserve to be a doctor and she is jugding me for everything like my age and not having a baby at 16 and so on . I find her useless and wanted to take an other doctors appointment . I stay in us and i got an doctor appointment in may 2018.I have few questions:

1. Is this a very serious issue i have to be worried about ? Is this pcos? If i have pcos can i have a baby ?
    2. I always have my cycle for every 40 days instead of 30 days . I am trying to reduce weight and i hope i will decrease soon . Is 40 days cycle considered abnormal ?
    3. As i am 29 i wanted to have a baby soon but these hormonal imbalances reduce my libido and i am not at all active in sex.
    4. My husband and in laws dont know the issue about my periods. They dont ask about baby right now . DO you suggest in telling them this ?
    5. My husband is not that matured enough in understanding all this . I am not able to find a good doctor without his help . I have a very tight vagina and sexual problems. I dont know which doctor to consult about my issues.
    6. Even though the marriage is consumated and we had sex in the beginning my husbnd travels very often and due to my sexual problem i am scared of sex . So i tell him that i am tierd or some reason but i want to fix this issue .

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Happygirl6 - Sorry for the trouble with the doctor. I'm surprised that a Gynecologist could be so insensitive. I generally only go to doctors after reading online reviews. I mostly try and go to docs recommended by friends. Is there a teaching hospital in your area? Drs associated with teaching hospitals generally have worked out well for me.
    I would call a few around to see if anyone can get me in sooner than May.

You do need to see your gynec regarding the pain during intercourse. It shouldn't be painful enough for you to not want to even have sex.

I wouldn’t discuss any personal period stuff with in-laws. Disclosing to your hubby is a different matter. You should be able to tell him. Now only you know how he would react. I wouldn’t be too happy if anyone else found out about my gynecological issues.

Regarding period cycle length, pcos etc, gynecologist is the best person to answer. I’ve heard that cycle lengths can vary from 25-40 days as long as they are regular. I think some blood work and other tests are required to determine Pcos. Even here on IL, I’ve seen stories of people conceiving with PCOS. I think if you get a handle on your pain and can enjoy intimacy that should be the first step. All else can follow with dr’s advice.

Good Luck!

cheenu123 likes this.
  3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Dear op

Pcos is very common these days.

There is no medicine to cure pcos.

Reducing weight significantly helps getting periods regularly, there by increasing your chance for pregnancy.

Please check for reviews before you consult a doctor..

It's possible to conceive through pcos with treatment.

I conceived my son having pcos through Ivf.

4. Bhaskaran

Bhaskaran Silver IL'ite

She is tired, doesn't want to have sex, but to keep her husband happy, she does it against her will, thus feeling forced to do it against her will.
    The main feeling of the Sepia woman is that she is forced to undertake things opposed to her intentions, to do what she doesn't want to do. It is a chronic situation in which she has been dominated and not allowed to have her way.
    There is a feeling of dependence in Sepia. She feels that her body is disfigured and unattractive, especially to the opposite sex. In order to keep him happy, so that she is accepted by him, she has to do what he wishes, not what she wishes. She feels forced to accept situations against her will, because of her feeling of not being good enough. This makes her miserable and she feels unfortunate.
    There is one side of her that says: "Do what you want to do, be independent, occupy yourself." And indeed Sepia likes to occupy herself mentally and physically, she likes brisk movements, dancing, etc. But if she is too independent she will lose her support and will not be able to keep her husband and children happy. The dependence may be emotional and/or financial (fear of poverty). So often she is forced to do things she does not want to do. This is the uncompensated, failed side.
    But in most cases, she tries to keep her husband and children happy while at the same time pursuing her career. This can become very strenuous. She becomes miserable and worn out since she is busy all the time. This situation leads slowly to despair and indifference, to sadness from which she tries to find some relief by being constantly occupied. She withdraws into herself and becomes averse to her husband and children. I have seen that Sepia women in this stage do not even like to take medicine.
    Dear Happy girl I suggest you to consult a near by HOMEO Doctor to solve your problem easily.

5. Bhaskaran

Bhaskaran Silver IL'ite

I can help you in homeopathy if you feel free to consult. No consultation fees .