1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Electric griddle - is it useful for cook indian cooking?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by pman16, Jan 6, 2012.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Friends,

I plan to buy and electric griddle esp for making rotis and dosas on a daily basis? Please suggest a good brand and tell f it is useful for indian cooking? Can the temperature be adjusted accordingly and can 3-4 rotis/dosas made at a time easily?

2. Chailover

Chailover Junior IL'ite

Hi pman16,

Yes it is very useful. I have used presto and cooks brand. They are good. I make dosa almost daily on the griddle and can adjust the temperature also. Sometimes I will cook dosa in the dining table itself and served hot dosas. It is very quick.

3. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi chailover, thx for the reply. Do you use oil to make dosas on the griddle? Does using oil makes it messy or is it easy to clean. How abt the taste? Is it same like made on stovetop or different?

4. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Electric griddles are also very useful, when you are travelling with elders. Not many elders are used to non-Indian food. So griddles come handy.

2 people like this.
  5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Thanks for your views. I think of buying one.

6. Sansub

Sansub Bronze IL'ite

Electric Griddle is a very good .I have the Presto brand and it is very good. I make dosas only with that. I don't add any oil to it and yet it comes out soo good. Also we can make lot of dosas at a time. It can be used for bread, dosas, chapathis,,and what not...It is a very useful buy.

7. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Defn its a value added as many recommended, but takes space on counter top ....

8. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

I swear by the electric griddle..its the best!!!I use on daily basis for dosas uthappam rotis adais pancakes and parathas..the coolest thing is that since i have a jumbo one the task of making all thse is just simple!!if u have a kid and want to run errands fast this is the best purchase ever!!

2 people like this.
  9. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

I agree with what members say here. It's the best. I find it very useful for my kid and the dosa is very crispy.
    More dosas, less time and hot!!!..