Ekadasi fasting

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Pinky9, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Pinky9

Pinky9 Junior IL'ite

Hi friends...

could any one please tell me what is the actual and best method of performing "Ekadasi fasting " what slokas or mantras would chant on that day .... please kindly tell me ...thanks in advance

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

You have posted your request in the topic which is irrelavant to Spirituality, please post in the New thread in the following link:

Pujas Prayers & Slokas - IndusLadies

Thanks

3. Pinky9

Pinky9 Junior IL'ite

Thank you sir....and sorry im not aware ....

4. santharam

santharam New IL'ite

Ekadasi fasting is very good if you do it as per the procedures else you will get in to problems. Your body will be purified and the diseases will move away in ekadasi fasting

5. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Here is what I do.
    Read Vishnu Shasaranama,
    Eat fruits, and drink milk.

6. mejayanthi1956

mejayanthi1956 Senior IL'ite

Dear Friend,
    You can read Bhagavathgeetha, Narayaneeyam . I do both on ekadasi day.
    I fthere is any temple near your house you go there and recite it and now a days most of the temple do it in mass on these days. I am new to IL. i do not know where do you reside.
    Regd the viratham you should not take anythong cooked.but you can have milk and fruits.I hope i am clear.
    jayanthi

7. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

ekadasi vritham is meant for Lord vishnu. that too, vaikunda ekadasi is very important. generally rice should be avoided. i used to take chapathi only2 or poya whatever possible. outside foods, garlic and onion a strict no. then you can chant vishnu sahasranamam if time permits or any slokas based on Lord krishna and rama.

next day is dwadashi where we must eat within 8 0' clock in the morning. my grandma, dad follow some panchagams and calendars from our mutt and timings will be given when to finish the fasting. my dad used to do saligrama pooja on both the days ekadasi as well as dwadashi.

Now no one is following strict rituals, but in olden days even my grandma wont even have water on that day. very strict follower.

lakshmi.