1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Either/or? Black Or White?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 6, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear sir,

I do not totally agree with the above statements I have highlighted above. We do count our blessings, but our dissatisfaction in some other area of our life could make us miserable. We try to rise, but the fact that we are here as human beings means it is a work in progress. Under those circumstances, it is better we express our grief rather than suppress it just because somebody else has it worse, because suppression is not going to help anybody.

As for how and when we remember God, that is a topic for another snippet! Maybe one remembers Him when one is extremely grateful and turns off God and says He does not exist / gives up on Him when things keep going wrong?

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Nice bold thought which you had interpreted in your characteristic manner which is nice to study not read.
    2. Yes I have food in fridge. Yes I am healthy. Yes I can see and look, also hear and listen and in one read understood the bold text’s undercurrent emphasis that I should not curse the stars under which I have born and so remain happy all the time.
    3.There is nothing wrong in that bold text ; it only implies comparing status habitually with others either downtrodden or affluent or one’s emotional quotient vis a vis neighbours or close relatives might tend to cause depression.
    4.While it also implies that well to do should have true compassion for the poor or impoverished or indigents and extend succour to mitigate their problems.
    5.But in broader perspective, it also implies that if society stops compare its status from time to time with societies of other nations one shudders to imagine the consequences. It appears the sole driver seems to attain huge Goals for an individual, for a society, for a nation is comparison and evolve, refine for a finer civilisation.
    6. Be happy- don’t worry is the crux of the bold text highlighted in your OP.
    THANKS AND REGARDS.

satchitananda likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for the detailed response sir! :)

Thyagarajan likes this.