Eggless & Buterless Cakes, Biscuits & Muffins

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by kalpana, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

2. Pritirach

Pritirach Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

I have tried these cookies and came out wonderful.My 7 year old joined me baking them and he liked them a lot.Even my 18 month old enjoyed it.Thanks for the recipes.............

Just one question

Can we substitute Maida with some healthy flour.???? I am planning to bake often as my 18 month old is generally fussy at dinner.So I was advised to give healthy things which she likes.Have you tried baking cake,cookies or any baking with other flours?????????

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes..it comes out equally good with wheat..this was in 2007/08..now i don't touch maida..you can also check out some of my healthy flour baking here
    IndusLadies - weightloss wars and food - Blogs

and i intend to post it with the wheat flour when i make it next..

1 person likes this.
  4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanthi,

I tried your Custard Powder biscuits today with a slight modification. I used wholemeal flour instead of maida and they came out really well... thanks for sharing dear :)

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Akila,

Wow.. yes they turn out the same way with whole meal...ragi and cornflour too.. variations work wonderful with this simple recipe..

1 person likes this.
  6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanthi,

Today, I tried your chocolate oatmeal biscuits and they too turned out wonderfully well........ i brought it to the office and it was gone in a jiffy.... everyone was full of praises....... thanks a lot for sharing this wonderfully simple yet great recipe. I substituted butter for oil and used powdered oats. It takes about 8 minutes for medium sized cookies in my oven and 5 for mini cookies. Thanks again dear for the great recipe :)

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

good akila.. even substituting half the sugar with honey works out fine.. these days i even replace sugar completely with demerra sugar, the regular country sugar..it works out fine..

the only trick is to first master the actual recipe and then make variations...

8. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,
    Made the Custard powder biscuits today. Made 2 batches, one with tutti-frutti and the other one with choco-chips.Both of them are very good. I book marked it very long back but made it today only blame it on my laziness. Actually this recipe is very easy to make & with ingredients always at home. Thanks, the kids liked it very much.
    Love,
    Damini.