Eggless & Buterless Cakes, Biscuits & Muffins

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by kalpana, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi latha,

Nice that you could get it..the oat ones are crunchy and chewy....great taste and healthy for kids

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanthi, which brand of custard powder did you use? and can I use melted butter instead of oil? thanks for the recipe!

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi traveller,

Any brand should suffice. i tried with the royal, foster clark, also the local brands it comes well...
    Actually custard powder is nothing but cornflour, the flavour and the related colour...
    I have tried to make custard with cornflour, rose essence and rose syrup..and it comes out yummy....the colour is so beautiful pink the kids really lap it up..

Regarding the butter, i don't used butter, ghee, or dalda for any of my baking recipes...only for the icing sometimes i use butter..otherwise i use oil...but you can definitely use butter....

And you can try variations with nuts, coconut also they also taste so yummy.....

4. ketal

ketal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanvy

Good Suggestion

We are first time known for custard powder means corn flour
    Pl send us other cookies cake,Biscuits recipes
    ketaltsk

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi ketal,

welcome..let me post them as i try them again....

6. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Dear shanti,
    Yesterday tried ur oats choclate cookies was superb, but I didnt add dessicated coconut to it ,almost going to finish only very few left.
    Thanks again for this healthy cookies
    love,
    latha

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi latha,

Nice that you liked it..I will post baked thattai with wheat/rice combo and also spicy cookies..since daughter does not like much sweets..let me try it once again for the correct proportion and then post it.

8. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Dear shanti,
    Waiting for ur thatai recipe and spicy cookies too
    love,
    latha

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Honey Cookies
    3/4 cup oil,
    1/4 cup honey
    2 cups flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2 tsp. vanilla
    1/2cup nuts (optional, i use powdered almonds as both my kids don't like nuts..)
    powdered sugar/honey to sprinkle/glaze.

Method:
    Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. mix together the Oil and honey. Add remaining ingredients except the powdered sugar/honey. mix it well . dough will be stiff, knead well to make make a uniform one. then take lemon size and press them as cookies . asusual place them at uniform interval on a aluminium foiled tray..(this is to ensure it does not become black on the underside.). bake at the same temperature until they are ligtly brown. they are tasty as soft ones also.FIL and DD like it soft. DS likes it crisp. so this is what i do.. i remove half the batch as it is over..but turn the rest upside down and leave it inside for one more minute.
    The aroma of honey from the baking cookies is divine...
    Remove them and sprinkle sugar or glaze it with honey.

(P.S. If you like it a little more sweet, use a tblsp of sugar, this will make it more crisp also..and also if you want you can substitute oil with butter.if so use 3/4 of softened butter, to get the measure......)

Attached Files:

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Apple cookies

Ingredients:

3/4 cup oil
    1 cup sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla essence
    1 cup grated, apple.
    2 cups flour

1/4tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp.and a pinch - baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt

Method :

In a bowl mix oil, sugar and vanilla,cinnamon well, to a creamy consistency. Add grated apple and blend well. Sieve together flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to apple mixture, mixing well, dough will be sticky.freeze it to make it hard say 10 minutes.or you can just drop them on the baking tray and make drop cookies..
    when ready to bake, preheat oven to 200 degrees C. remove the dough, either make round ones..or you can cut them into cookies shapes..Bake about 15 minutes or just until edges begin to brown.

The ones in the picture are drop cookies...

(You can make banana ones, just replace apple with banana, but no cinnamon.)

Attached Files: