Effects of Steam bath on fertility

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ransree, Feb 23, 2012.

1. ransree

ransree Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    I would like to know if steam bath would effect our feritility in any way. :bonkIt helps in reducing the extra water content in the body. But I want to know if it in any way have impact on our uterus or feritlity.:coffee

Thanks

2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hi ransree,

I read in a website about this. They say there should be nothing wrong in it. But if you are trying actively, you might as well work on keeping your body cool. It goes for men too.
    If you want to get rid of the excess water from your body, try a few Barley recipes. That always helps.

Quoting from the piece I read:
    If you like it hot, you can soak, steam, or sweat to your heart’s content in a hot tub, sauna, steam room, or mud bath in the lead-up to pregnancy. But if you’re actively trying to conceive, it’s probably best to cool it, since becoming overheated can interfere with conception. (That goes for your man too: A hot bath or sauna can do a number on sperm production.) Best to stick with massages as your muscle-soothing spa treatment of choice.

3. ransree

ransree Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Tanoshii.. tht was a help.. since my DH is abroad,I am not trying right now..will stop once he is back..
    Thanks again..

1 person likes this.