1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Education = Empowerment, Illiteracy = Vulnerability? Think again!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Dec 26, 2013.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

The answer is here.

BH or DH?

2. My God..! So much ! :drowning

BH = Better Half / Bitter Half

Other interpretations could be:

BH = Beloved Husband (so sweet)
    BH = Bhondoo Husband (a term of endearment for that sweet, innocent, clueless husband who can be twisted around the little finger)
    BH = Bully Husband / Biting Husband (when he keeps snapping)
    BH = Bellowing Husband (keeps shouting all the time)
    BH = Battered / Battering Husband (as the case may be)
    BH = Bad Husband
    BH = Baby Husband (in cases of people who wish to give Shah Jahan a run for his money OR it could also be used to describe a husband who is still tied to the palloo of his dear mother)
    BH = Bank Husband (in cases where he is the earning member and the wife the spending member)
    BH = Blinking Husband (those clueless ones who stand and stare when expected to do anything productive)
    BH = Blind Husband (can't find anything, needs to have everything given to him in his hands; another interpretation is blind to the faults of his DM and DS)
    BH = Bungling Husband (those who can never do anything right)
    BH = Blameless Husband (the perfect sons of the perfect mils who can do no wrong - the desi description "ma ka laal" does this more justice)
    BH = Batty Husband
    BH = Borrowed Husband (those who spend more time with their dear parents and condescend to spend a few minutes a year with their wives). BTW, this reminds me of a statement in "Good wives" by Louisa May Alcott where the daughter (Meg if I remember right) gets married and is then surrounded by all her sisters and mother who are all fawning over her. Her husband comes over and asks "May I please borrow my wife ...")
    BH = Blessed Husband (He has you for a wife after all!)
    BH = Backward Husband (Husband stuck mentally in the 17th century)
    BH = The Blue-Eyed Boy Husband (Initial years of marriage )
    BH = Blooming Husband (when you are exasperated with him)