Ectopic pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by paptirujvam, Jul 9, 2013.

1. paptirujvam

paptirujvam New IL'ite

Hi friends

I have been married for 3.5yrs,we tried for a baby this year,much to my happiness I conceived in 3 months but found out to be ectopic pregnancy.I was given methothrexate last month and its been fine as my hcg levels are dropping every week.Its already been a month I was treated with the shot and it takes another 3 weeks for the level to come to zero.My periods were due on apr6 and I tested positive for hpt.appointment was given at 8 weeks for me but I had heavy bleeding in 7th week and doctors couldnt see anything in my uterus as well as they couldnt find out ectopic as well.They were suprised why my hcg levels are 2300,2400,3600,4400 for every three days.They refered me to the one of the top doctors in US but he too couldnt find any clue what was going on.They even took me to the surgery room for D&E but my hcg dropped by 700 that day,they sent me home that i dont need it.After five ultrasounds by diff docs,a doctor could find the pregnancy in the tube.They gave MTX immediately and I am fine.my hcg is now 400,may be in 3 weeks it would go down to zero.They now do a ultrasound and bloodwork every week.I am very much worried about my next pregnancy.Did any of you had ectopic pregnancy ever,how many months did u wait for trying to conceive again?How long did o=it take to conceive?

Thanks

2. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

Hugs to you dear. I dont have any experience like yours but i can understand your pain.

Last year in our moms club there was and ILiet who had ectopic pregnancy earlier but later she had concieved normally and was carrying her bundle of joy along with us but she is no more active in IL so dint hear any news from her. So dont worry ppl who have ectopic pregnancies can concieve later norally to become mommy.

If possible move back to India stay with your loved ones still you get out of this issue. you need lots of love and care now.

take care dear,
    May god bless you with an angel soon.

3. chandrakiran

chandrakiran Silver IL'ite

I had an ectopic pregnancy few years back. My experience was worse. Ectopic was not detected by my doctor. It eventually ruptured and there was internal bleeding. No external bleeding. I just fainted and the pulse was going down. Doctors did an emergency operation to save me. I lost the fallopian tube on one side meaning i had now 50% less chances of conceiving.

However, with god's grace, i conceived within the next 6 months and eventually had a second child too. So have good hope. Having had an ectopic doesnt mean it might becomes difficult to conceive. There are other variations based on your body, and you could easily conceive too.

6 people like this.
  4. paptirujvam

paptirujvam New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your replys.I am very much worried as my first pregnancy happened this way.

5. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

Hi

Even I too had an ectopic pregnancy last year.As soon as I had positive HPT I consulted my gynec.She did the scan and couldn't find anything in the uterus.After 3 repeated scans and HCG levels she said it was an ectopic.So they gave me MTX and continuous blood tests which took nearly one and half month.I tried after 10 months again and conceived.But that also ended very early.You ask your doctor to do a Hysterosalpingogram(HSG).This is an X-ray procedure done to check whether you have any tubal blockage.Some times tube may get blocked due to ectopic pregnancy.So better you get this procedure done before you try again.I too had this test and came to know that my tube was partially blocked and I have risk of having another ectopic.So check with your doctor.

6. paptirujvam

paptirujvam New IL'ite

Hi I went to the doctor on tue,he said that it would take this month end to completely absorb the ectopic pregnancy by my body,My hcg levels came to 160 by next week it would come to zero.So after the whole tissue is absorbed he said he would do an HSG test to check the tubes.

7. paptirujvam

paptirujvam New IL'ite

Hi lalithanivas & Chandrakiran

how long did your doctor told you to wait for trying for a baby,I read that we should atleast wait for 2 menstrual cycles so that MTX is completely out from the body..

8. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

Hi

Yes its better to start after 3 months.

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

I am sure all will be well with the next baby, by God's Grace. Just a small suggestion, don't do any form of exercise, even bending down to pick a towel or taking a double step, till the pregnancy is well set. And hold on to the positive thoughts.

10. reshma11

reshma11 New IL'ite

hello ,

i also had ectopic preganacy this year feb 2013 . earlier i had 2 miscarriages.1st of feb 2013 was my 5th anniversary and i was wishing so hard and praying hard to god that i want to give good news to my hubby on this anniversary.my periods was on 31st jan and did not came and on 1st feb i tested n came positive and we were so happy.and then suddenly later day i started light spotting like earlier during my 2 pregnancy and we were scared that again i m going to miscarry. we went to doctor and she checked my cervix and it was closed so she said nothing to worry. and we were happy again i was 5 week pregnant. then next day i got more blood so we went to emergency and doc checked my cervix again and it was open and said u going to miscarry.i was numb that time.but i had so much positive energy around me and somewhere in my heart i had feeling that everything going to fine this time. i stay in amsterdam here i dont get direct appointment to gynec. they 3 days later my spotting gone and we were again dreaming about our baby to come in this world on oct 4th 2013. 1 week gone without any tension then on 7th week i had appointment with gynec he did scan and found nothing in uterus . when i heard that i was....................can not express that feeling.then did blood test and HCG was 6000 and confirmed its ectopic pregnancy. other than 3 days spotting i did not have any other symptoms.i lost my left tube it was not ruptured but my doc said better to remove whole tube rather keeping it.after surgery also i had positive feeling that still my baby inside me. it took time to realize that i really lost my baby 3rd time. i was fine after a month.now i hve regular 31days period cycle.we trying again since last 5 months but no success til now when my period due 10 days i get pain on left side but dont have tube on left side so i think might be i m not ovulating from right.not my gynec shifted to me in reproductive department where they specially help people to get pregnant. my first appointment on 18th nov 2013 as i m coming to india for 1 month so i took late. i will update you here my status and what going on. everything will be fine one day lets just keep hope and pray to god that please bless us with beautiful baby <3