Eating more Bananas?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ChinnaiahModem, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ChinnaiahModem

ChinnaiahModem New IL'ite

can a pregnant lady eat Bananas more.

2. devanshi

devanshi Silver IL'ite

Yes, its safe to eat bananas during pregnancy because its very rich in nutrition. However I would not advise you to eat more than 2 bananas in a day because of the sugar content in each banana. In case you have GD, please consult doctor and go ahead.

3. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Yes, they can. Out of which Sevvazhai (Red banana)is best as it contains iron. I used to have a red banana on daily basis when i was conceived. I do not like any other fruits at that time, some sought of aversion on the other fruits, so ihad only this daily.

4. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

I am eating, elaichi banana everyday right from the beginning. Very healthy. Heard that sevalai banana is also very healthy. Elaichi banana does not have high sugar content.

5. Hopefully

Hopefully Gold IL'ite

Red Bannana can be had one every day.my cousin is very fair, my aunt says it was because she used to have one red bannana everyday during her pregnancy .

6. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Since i have PCOS my doctor advised to avoid sugar rich fruits like apple/banana. She advised me to take half piece of apple every day and for banana she referred Malai pazham. I used to have it regualry. if its not available in market will have other banana 2 times in a week.

Can anyone tell me Red banana will have more sugar conten?? Before marriage i used to take red banana more. i avoided totally after pregnany.