1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Eating Issues

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by Itshightime, Feb 3, 2017.

1. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Few tricks I employ
    1. Brush ur teeth after a meal . I love minty clean feeling and hate to eat for sometime .
    2. If u feel like eating...eat :) just make sure its low cal and make those calories count.
    Here is a simple salty snack.
    Heat 1 tsp of oil..add hing ,chopped ginger,green chillies, curry leaves...add in it few cups of cheerios. Add a dash of salt ..any other spices that u might like like garam masala. Keep it next to u at work.
    When the cravings hit..eat one by one deliberately. Its mind numbing and u will stop sooner than u think.
    3. For a sweet craving...
    chop dates.fig .mix with half a banana..add some nuts and eat slowly.
    Switch to dark chocolate...enjoy a piece after a meal.

I also chew on gum/ clove/cinnamon bark esp when I am forced to sit through meetings where everyone is constantly snacking and there is endless supply of it dangerously close.

2. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

OP,
    do check your sugar levels both fasting and PP just to rule out sugar problem.

Also, if you had stress or mild depression earlier and that triggered binge eating and now if the stress is gone or reduced, try training your brain back to eating less but frequent meals during the hunger pangs.

I had similar problem when i was recovering from longer illness. I would eat sweets, then crave spicy food and then eat sweets again especially around 4-5pms and then would skip dinner altogether only to get up in the wee hours with crazy hunger.
    a friend advised on keeping fresh cut carrots, fruits, hummus etc ready to eat, on the kitchen counter. That way whenever i had huge craving to munch on something, i could see ready to eat food on counter. my brain is still getting trained on avoiding impulsive eating but having something healthy within access is helping it to stay mostly on track. and if you need to go out, eat something before you leave home, if nothing else take a fruit with you.

dc24 and Itshightime like this.
  3. Itshightime

Itshightime Bronze IL'ite

Thank you blessings1010.. My eating habits are exactly just like you mentioned in here. I will try using the method suggested by you.

4. Emyfrancis

Emyfrancis New IL'ite

I have same problem as you ,the tendency to eat every time .

5. Kirankaavya

Kirankaavya New IL'ite

EAT SLOWLY. QUANTITY NO MATTER. WHEN YOU FEEL HUNGRY EAT WELL. AFTER EATING BRUSH UR TEETH. NEXT MEAL MAY BE IF YOU R FEELING HUNGRY. IF NO FEELING OF HUNGRY DO NOT EAT ANYTHING.

6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Brushing teeth After meals is good idea..
    One more thing is, that sometimes we think we are hungry when we are actually thirsty..
    Drinking a couple of glasses water or low calorie juice when you feel some craving may fill your tummy and help you think more clearly if you want to indulge or not..

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Nonya likes this.
  7. pharmascience12

pharmascience12 New IL'ite

Pharmascience Health Gainer for Weight gain

Mens need many calorie requirements that many men have proves to be incredibly trying Pharmascience health gainer a weight gainer makes this far easier. If you consider the fact that there are weight gainers available that pack in over a thousand calories per shake .

For more visit

Pharmascience – The Indian Ayurveda