1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Eating Issues

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by Itshightime, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Itshightime

Itshightime Bronze IL'ite

Hello Friends,

I have this problem that I do not feel hungry for longer period in the morning. But once I start eating, I am in 'Eating mode' all afternoon. The evening is guilt-ridden thinking I over-ate and I usually skip dinner or have very less.

I tried having heavy breakfast filled with proteins. But my afternoons remain same irrespective of me having heavy breakfast or not. I am only eating and eating. I eat spicy then sweets then spicy. And if I do not indulge, I have this headache and queasiness in stomach.

Does it happen to everyone or is it just me? Pls. kindly help me with this. I know this is a eating disorder. I have started using chewing gum to cut down on my gobbling all afternoon.

And I am over-weight. Not obese but I can see it coming with my eating habits..

2. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

I have same problem as you . I feel like more than hunger , just we got used to it . I want to keep munching . Now a days I keep grapes for such kind of munching .. or watermelon pieces . Try to have tasty fruits when you feel so

Itshightime likes this.
  3. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

You can eat coconut pieces bit by bit. It not only checks weight gain but keeps binging habit at bay too.
    I...myself..have tried n tested it. I feel very active n energetic throughout the day. Coconut is such a wonderfully divine fruit.

blessings1010 and Itshightime like this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Are you stressed or unhappy? It could be a binge eating disorder. You should see a nutritionist + counselor. I had some resources on the subject. Will look them up and post. A quick tip is to try coffee. It is an appetite suppressant. If you can't have it black, you can add milk and sugar. If you are in the US try an almond milk creamer like Califia. It is 15 calories per serving and is available at Target. When I was trying to lose weight I used to drink syrupy sweet coffee to stop myself from eating everything in sight. Worked for me.

Rihana, Shanvy, Nonya and 1 other person like this.
  5. Itshightime

Itshightime Bronze IL'ite

I used to be unhappy and stressed. That's when I picked up crazy eating habits esp. sweets. But now I am done being unhappy. I am content with myself. But the habits still continue.

Am definitely going to try all the tips provided by all. Thank you so much.

6. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Try not having sweets or snacks at home, and refrain from buying them unless someone else at hone needs it.

Itshightime likes this.
  7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Drinking lots of water, really binging on water, can reduce some amount of other binging.
    Learning more about glycemic index of typical foods can make you choose foods that you can have, and things that can cause you to increase weight.

blessings1010 and Itshightime like this.
  8. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Now, now, let's not get carried away. Even this binge can kill you!
    :yikes:

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Yes, Dr. S is right. Too much water is deadly.

Lack of adequate sleep also triggers the need to munch constantly. Check that one too.

Itshightime likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Too much water can be fatal as @sokanasanah says. Please observe trlggers and make note.

Make a concious effort to eat right. Join a group here, make yourself accountable and post your diet as is and even myfitnessapp will also help keep trAck.

Take time to chew your food. Eat a fruit when you feel hungry. Sip on teas like say fruit teas or ginger tea.

I used to chew on a little roasted saunf/ roasted flax seed/ popped corn when the binge attack happens. Munch on carrot sticks/beet/cucumber sticks raw or you can pickle it with a little lime+salt and lot of chillies and let it rest. They tend to become chatpata.

There is always a pattern and it is easy when you are able to recognise and that is the first step. You can definitely do it

All the best

dc24, Itshightime and Gauri03 like this.