Early pregnancy versus PMS symptoms- please advice

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by generic, Oct 16, 2015.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I read online regarding symptoms of early pregnancy...ie a woman may have conceived but it maybe too early to detect in home pregnancy test.
    I found the following info during google search :
    "Every pregnancy is different, so it's hard to predict when and if you will notice changes in your body, especially two weeks after conception. Early pregnancy symptoms, such as tender breasts, tiredness and feeling sick, are easy to confuse with signs that your period is coming on.
    Do you get cramps when you first get pregnant?This can cause one of the earliest signs of pregnancy -- spotting and, sometimes, cramping. That's called implantation bleeding. It occurs anywhere from six to 12 days after the egg is fertilized. The cramps resemble menstrual cramps, so some women mistake them and the bleeding for the start of their period"

As mentioned in that text, breast soreness,tiredness, abdomen cramps etc are signs of PMS and signs of early pregnancy also...
    I got confused after reading and was wondering that if a woman is TTC, and in her two week wait, and if she usually suffers from PMS..then how will she be able to differentiate between PMS symptoms and implantation+early pregnancy symptoms?
    Please share your experiences, did any of you ladies have strong PMS kind of symptoms after conceiving, then missed the period and then got positive result in home pregnancy test kit?
    Any info would help me as I am lacking in knowledge and awareness and got really confused after reading too much material on google...

2. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

There is no way to differentiate early pregnancy symptoms from PMS. I had period like cramps and sore breasts and thought AF was on its way. I tested using HPT 1 week after my period was due (around CD 40) and got a strong positive. Nausea kicked in only during my 6th week (CD 50 ish) after I confirmed my pregnancy. I did notice slight breathlessness (which is not part pf PS as far as I know) ,but that too only after the AF due date. i have traveled for more than 4 hours continuously,eaten junk food and exercised as vigorously as I normal would during the 2ww .So,in my opinion you dont need to know and take any special precaution that early during pregnancy. If its a healthy pregnancy, no harm will come. You can continue doing anything your body is familiar with.

2 people like this.
  3. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Thanks, teejay :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Always early pregnancy symptoms and PMS symptoms are confusing. That is why its better not to track any of those until missing the periods. Those symptoms will confuse us and create unnecessary stress in the end. Better keep your mind active in other things in the 2WW period.

1 person likes this.
  5. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Thanks Vasumathy and Ashleysummer:)

6. nayana83

nayana83 New IL'ite

hi there
    both pregnancy and PMS symptoms are same so do not analyse everything tht happens in 2ww.
    make a routine,do yoga and meditation.and stop searching on google every symptom,it will drive u crazy.If u r ttc more than 1 year,pl consult ur OBGYN.If u have already then just follow his advice.
    Do not google anything...googlesmiley

1 person likes this.
  7. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

ok...:shock:ideasmiley