1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Each Day Talk To Someone New, That Makes Big Difference.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by catwalk, May 10, 2017.

1. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

I have had a very ordinary life. Sad even. My mother suffers from borderline personality disorder, which means constant fights at home. My childhood wasn't pretty, because the relationship between our parents was messed up. I wantedsomeone to talk to, but because I was an introvert, I could not open up to anyone. Because of that time I spent feeling sorry for myself, I have developed this need to help people. Whenever I find someone who is sad and upset, I talk t...o them, I try to cheer them up. I have many good friends now, some are even grateful to me for helping them overcome their personal problems. I hope one day through helping others, I'd find peace in my own life. Please do not ridicule. I know haters will hate, but if someone has trouble in life, they should know they are not alone, there are people out there who'd care.
    Each day talk to someone new, That make big difference in their life as well as our life.

Umanga, sindmani, kaniths and 8 others like this.

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

One of my childhood friend's family was a bit different than the typical Indian American family. The father would encourage his children to compliment someone each day. There are many other character building gems the family would use, to make their children more outgoing and create a strong social network. It is a big task to make someone feel good, each day, but that type of positivity really impacts your life and changes perspective.

sindmani and Visalu like this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OP, I'm positive your little acts of kindness are making a world of difference to the recipients. Even if there don't appear to be any overt rewards to altruism, it helps dampen everyday stress in our own lives. Kind people live healthier, happier lives. I hope you find your peace.

I've always love this quote. I have it pinned above my desk. It is in line with your philosophy.

"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."
    --Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

So nice of you!
    Just remembering this quote
    IMG_1354.JPG
    Awesome quote..Thank you for sharing here

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

op, Very kind of u. Ur doing a great job. Hats off