1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Each day is a new opportunity to live your life to the fullest

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 27, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

“To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.”

Everyday is important to someone . Some might be celebrating their Birthday or Wedding day. Except for Tuesday all the days are important for me as each day some significance is there. My elder daughter was born on Sunday, younger daughter on Monday and my son On Saturday. Also my son got engaged on Saturday. My younger daughter's wedding was on Wednesday, elder daughter's on Thursday and her engagement was also on Thursday and Son's on Friday. I know birthday and wedding day will come only once a year.

Earlier Birthdays were not so special but now a days Birthdays have become special as some people celebrate by giving party to their friends. Elders dont expect gifts but very happy to receive wishes from their friends and relatives. Earlier 60th, 70th and 80th Birthdays were celebrated in a grand way in a hall inviting everyone but now a days people prefer to keep Narayaneeyam that day in the temple which is less expensive and less responsbility too. If money is paid to the temple they take care of everything. And its like giving annadanam because everyone comes for Narayaneeyam and have lunch and also thambulam is given to everyone.

Although time seems to fly, it never travels faster than one day at a time. Each day is a new opportunity to live your life to the fullest. In each waking day, you will find scores of blessings and opportunities for positive change. Do not let your TODAY be stolen by the unchangeable past or the indefinite future! Today is a new day!
    Steve Maraboli quotes

A

3 people like this.

2. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Viji,

This is so nice and true.

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  3. srith

srith Gold IL'ite

4. gayathrivijay12

gayathrivijay12 Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji maam,

Thats really sweet & amazing of you to remember & cherish your loved ones's day of birth at this era when ppl tend to forget even date of births:)...As usual I opened the snippets section to receive a piece of wisdom from you and now its mission accomplished:) Thanks to you:)

1 person likes this.
  5. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

So sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Very nice snippet about a day to make it special :) thnx for writing

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Bhavna dear , glad you liked the quote

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Srith dear welcome to my thread and thanks

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Gayathri dear glad to know that you opened the thread to receive piece of wisdom from me, you have made my day with your sweet message. thanks.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Catgol dear welcome to my dear andthanks