1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Each day is a new opportunity to live your life to the fullest.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 18, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

There are those rare moments in life when you are touched with so much love that you begin to realize how beautiful life really is.There are rare moments in life when you are touched with so much love that you begin to realize how beautiful life really is.

We all go through hard times and good times. When we go through hard times we feel life is boring and noone is suffering like we are suffering. But only when we go and see the outside world we come to know that there are people who are suffering more than us. Then we feel that our suffering is nothing.

All days are not the same. Life changes from time to time and we have to happy with our life as it is and take it as it is. Though I know all this but still sometimes feel bored of life . This week was very boring as we did not go anywhere out except to temple which is our usual practice of going onTuesdays and Saturdays.

Today I met a friend of mine after a long time. She is older to me and though I know her since long only today came to know that she is not married and staying with her sister. We have always met on the road. Once she told me that you will have a son as a third child. Dont know what made her say that but though I had a third child I had a daughter. Seeing her I felt I am better that I am married and have children and life has been interesting all this time. Now since we are retired and children are far away miss them and life seems boring.

Only when we go and see the outside world we know what is happening. In our old house if we keep the door open we could see the people coming and going as there were houses near to our house. In this house it is very quiet and we are in the centre of the colony so cant see anything outside.

Nothing in this world is handed to you. You have to go out and get it! Nobody said it would be easy but hard work always pays off.

2 people like this.

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Maam,

You have said words that are absolutely true. Life has its share of ups and downs which we all have to live with. But to accept the downs is a challenging task. The day we face the bad phase without a grumble, it will surely not seem so bad.
    I still remember my Papa's words to my younger brother and me when we were young and stubborn to get things that really werey not needed (....as all kids are!!!)
    He would tell us to always look at people who are below us and not above us. He would show us children in the slums who played with broken toys and stones and pebbles and how their life was. My brother and me are soft in heart and we would at once realise our folly. Even till date, whenevr there is a problem, we always try to be calm and positive as every problem comes with a solution.

1 person likes this.
  3. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin Viji aunty......

A nice, positive post...:):):).....to start afresh and not brood about the past.......!!

Meeting an old friend after a very long time really is something sweet......during the meet, or chat we would be excited....and after coming back home and thinking about the friend and reflecting about the past and present....will show how far we have travelled in the road of life.......I happened to chat with my school friend , as cheerful as the school girl I was long ago..........and after the chat, upon reflection I realized how we have aged...priorities changed......:coffee

Yes aunty, thanks for the positive boosting and encouraging words.....hard work always pays......!

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

RK dear thanks for your first fb. I was thinking 60 views and no fb and was getting disappointed and wanted to delete the thread but did not how to do it. What your papa said is 100% true. Thanks for your lovely message

5. iyerviji

Bhargavi dear glad you liked the post and thanks for your lovely message. Glad you chatted with your school friend and seen the difference when in school and now