1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DV and in-laws

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mnoo, May 26, 2014.

1. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

OP- every married couple ague but sane people don't go slapping each other. So no matter what you said or did, there is no justification for him slapping you. This man will never change. He has rage issues and other bad habits like chatting with other women. Why do you want to be with this coward?

If you are scheduled to start residence, if I were you I would come back and complete it and get my career back on track. Walk away but seriously he needs to be taught a lesson. I would have called the cops on him and got him kicked out and continued my residency. Because that is how bad what he did to you. If you leave him, he will move on and do the same to the next 0ne.

Op- you are right in leaving him but you should have done it after the 1st time. I hope you have the strength to make the right decision that does compromise your dignity. You are young, educated and have your whole life in front of you. Please don't compromise.

2. troubledmom

troubledmom Gold IL'ite

Good you took this courageous step now. If your inlaws r supporting their son and telling u to adjust then they r making themselves part of the problem. Do like this: Explain your reasons etc once. If they come back again and again, cut them short with a question, 'what has changed ?' has their son agreed to his mistake, for counselling whatever it is you r asking. just insistently cut short their rambling and keep asking what changed? When they admit nothing changed then tell them why are you talking to me, talk to your son, n stop wasting my time. If they r wearing ppl u dont need to sit there and take their nonsense. Just cut them short, and excuse yourself.

1 person likes this.