1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Duties and expectations of dil/inlaws

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sonu1973, Nov 21, 2008.

1. sonu1973

sonu1973 New IL'ite

Hi

Please put your thoughts together and write down as to what the expectations and duties are of a dil and what expectations do the inlaws have from their dils.

Have a good day

:)

2. vidduiyer

vidduiyer New IL'ite

hi,

for a start.. thats a wonderful question...

i'd defy like to share my thoughts on this..

Well iam in love with my spouse and we were head over heels in love with each other even before the wedding.... wenever my parents saw me excited and talking a lot about my spouse... they'd remind me that i should be thankful to my parents-in-law for giving me such a good husband !!!

the only responsibility that i feel that a daughter in law shud bestow is to love the spouse's parents as much as we love the spouse... this wil make things a lot easier. everyone has differences of opinions... at times we don even agree with what our parents say... but with in-laws we defy have to give a ear to wat they say before making big decisions....
    but, at the same time we shud defy draw a fine line as to things in which they can interfere and suggest and in things that they cannot. we need to be extremely diplomatic in what we do, so as to not hurt the men and their love for parents !!!
    We shud never make our man feel suffocated and make him choose btw us and his parents... thats the actual prob !!!!!

tha ans to the 2nd part of the Question as to wat DIL's can expect from the parents-in law.... hehe... i really duno... but all i can think is.... if they'l be supportive to the desicions taken by the son and DIL... it'l be very very nice !!! :)

hope this entry was interesting to read n made sense??

cheers,

Vidya Arun Iyer !!!