1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hottest Summer Days around India - Beat the Heat with these Smoothies and Summer Cooler Recipes
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Summer Activities for Kids in U.S. Checkout New and Interesting Ideas Kids will Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

Dual Marker Test Results

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by rwf0606, Jul 8, 2013.

1. rwf0606

rwf0606 New IL'ite

HI,

My wife is 13 weeks pregnant and we were advised to take a Dual marker test as the Scan showed a possibility of Down Syndrome. The Nuchal Translucency-is 1.66 mm and the CRL is 60.9 mm. The fb-hCG is 65.1 ng/ml with MOM as 1.82 and PAPP-A is 3.54 mlU/ml with MoM as 0.80.

The Biochem Risk +NT is 1: 1929 below cutoff, Double Test is 1:533 below cut off, Age risk is 1: 580 and Trisomy 13/18+NT is <1:10000 below cut off.

The doc says it is normal and not to worry. However i have searched the net to ascertain the standard values for these tests and got no help.

The tests do not have an interpretation sheet and does not give out a clear picture.

I am really tensed and just want to be double sure about what the doctor told me. Please help !!!

RFW

2. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Do not panic...there is nothing to worry...there is a triple marker test to be taken anywhere between 15-20 weeks which can give better picture....i was screened for down syndrome for my 1st baby 1:169...wrongly...we did repeat triple marker test and 3d anamoly scan...and everything was perfect...so plz. do not worry...and the last choice would be aminocentesis which gives 99% accurate results....so there is way to go...just relax....