1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Dry Hands

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Ranchu, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Over the years living in USA , I've noticed that the water quality is very poor here. Hair fall, dry skin are the after effects of this .

I have started using Dishwashing gloves, but eventually during the cooking process, I do tend to rinse couple of vessels quickly and at the end , it results in scaled dry skin on my hands. This winter , my nail cuticles have started showing terrible dryness too.

Any long timers here who can suggest something for me ?

Naari likes this.

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Since the air is so dry during winter, I always keep some lotion handy. My favorite is neutrogena norwegian formula hand cream, and the foot cream actually works too.

Naari, Ranchu and jskls like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Neutrogena dry hands Norwegian formula is the one I use regularly

4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Hey, me too. See here. Ostensibly developed for Norwegian fishermen with hands dry and chapped from the biting cold of the open seas, the cream works like a charm. I always have a tube in my bag, one on my desk and one beside my bed. You can try this on your hand and wear cotton gloves at night. That should take care of the dryness in a few days!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Ranchu likes this.
  5. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Have you tired using a dishwashing liquid with moisturizer? I use this and it really helps.
    ${meta.ogtitle}

Ranchu and Naari like this.
  6. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks everyone for suggesting. For now was using lubriderm or bath-body works lotion. I'll try this.

GoneGirl- Yes I do , but it does not help either.

7. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for posting this Ranchu! I have the exact same problem , the dishwashing liquid (Palmolive original) has dried out my hands severely.

I use gloves mostly which helps, also apply cream overnight , but tend to forget sometimes. Friends at y&r suggested to me that Nivea for dry skin shd help a lot. I currently use lubriderm & st ives..

8. zales

zales Silver IL'ite

I make a scrub - equal parts of coconut oil and granulated sugar. Add a few drops of your fav essential oil if you like. Stir and store. Every night just before bed, scoop out and little and rub all over your hands (front and back) until the sugar is somewhat broken down. Wash away with warm water. Now apply a layer of your fav hand cream(i like gold bond or Eucerin dry intesive hand cream, but any should do after the scrub treatment). Try this for a week , works like a charm!

Ranchu likes this.