1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dry cleaning indian sarees/dresses

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anu1215, Feb 3, 2015.

1. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Friends,
    i have few dresses which got messed up with choclate or oil when doing pooja.. i want to give them for dry cleaning.. last week i took it to the store.. they told me they cannot guarantee the work on the saree.. it may come off. like to know how do i remove those stains.

any suggestions

2. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anu,

My MIL spilled ghee on her saree when lighting deepam. I did not wash it or tried dipping it in water, but took the saree to the dry wash shop in my locality. Those people said the same - no guarantee of stain removal - and yes it is true the results depend on the reaction of the spill with the fabric. But with my MIL's saree after dry wash the result is satisfactory and stains were removed. You might want to try a professional laundry service who would do a thorough job and if lucky you could have the stains removed.

But by far I have not tried any stain removal techniques at home.
    Hope this helps.

3. Laxmiaditi

Laxmiaditi New IL'ite

Hi Laxmi, Good suggestion, yes in most of the cases trying it with professional laundry service do help. I have personally tried and removed color dye stain on a white cloth.

4. Jameela

Jameela Senior IL'ite

I have some pakistani dresses two or three pieces: kameez,dupatta and pants and as are cotton i wash it apart from other clothes, as delicate clothes, with water and soap and they are very good, the only problem i dont´know which duppatta can iron to don´t be wrinkled or not, i had one and ironed it and get a little hole,(was cotton but too wireless like the silk worms product) i feel ashamed, but im new at this issues if anybody can teach me please,whic fabric can i iron. Many thanks Jameela.Kisses

5. Jameela

Jameela Senior IL'ite

any link for buying clothes online with economical price please? Don´t mind if second hand or outlet :)

6. Jameela

Jameela Senior IL'ite

Dear Anu can you explain me ghee what is used for? It is like makhaan butter or it is for other things like oil or wax? Thanks a lot