1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Driving Test Duluth, GA

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Chapra, Apr 22, 2013.

1. mahiramki

mahiramki Gold IL'ite

Re: Help needed

hi
    i sam in india but am in the same situation . when ever i drive my dh starts screaming (literally ) and i end up more feared , uncomfortable...
    dont depend on any ....
    not hubby for sure... :D
    learn from a good instructor ...
    u cannot drive even to learn for 8 hrs .... try to learn in more number of classes..
    i can understand neither u can take the car out nor hubbys help...

2. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Thanks everyone for your tips and suggestions. I had two classes this weekend. These classes definitely boosted up my confidence. Still, I have road fear. Think it would go with more practice. Now, I could control speed. Tried driving with my husband and kids to nearby shop. I drove ok but was too tensed :( Need to practice more whenever hubby is at hometown!

Think I wasn't too good with the rules. Need to get a hang of it...

3. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Found am really comfortable with the car my instructor brings for training and not with our Acura. I find our Acura hard when it comes to steering, gas and break... Will I overcome this if I practice more in our car? Any suggestions?

4. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Knew the rules and could tell the rules to my husband when he drives. However, while I drive I forget all the rules. Is it normal ? Is it because of the fear? Please suggest....

5. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Chapra,

good luck with your driving test.
    Its a good thing that you are learning , it will be helpful for taking your kids out.

Try parking well and not to touching the white border lines.
    With regard to driving on roads, practice well as much as possible before going for test. He will ask you to drive on the road with 2 different speed limits so you have to maintain good speed.

If speed is 45 , you have to go in 40 , you cannot go in 30 or less . That would still cut points in your test .
    Just be confident and drive a lot along with your husband. that will help you . Just doing a 8hrs class should be enough , but after the class you have drive atleast 2 hrs everyday for 10 days. Use your husband's help for this one.
    This will you confidence.

6. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ok I just noticed that your husband travels a lot , so why dont you try to practice whenever he is available. Just 8hrs of lesson will not be enough. You seem to be not that confident, so I feel a little more practice is required.

Its upto you , I cannot judge how confident you are from your posts. You will know when you are ready. trust your instincts.

7. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Thanks so much Ranchu. Yes, I am not that confident. As you mentioned, planning to practice whenever hubby is in town. You think 3 days a week (2 hrs each) practice with my husband and all other days, practicing within my apartment complex (hubby wont be in town so alone) should be good?

8. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Done with 8 hrs of training with instructor. Friday was the last session. Thanks to the lessons; now am able to maintain speed and drive within my lane. Drove our car Friday evening (hubby sat beside). Felt confident driving our car. Planning to practice whenever hubby is here through out this month and planning to take up the road test on 7th June. Before that, need to practice parking. I am planning to book at Norcross DDS where both parallel parking and reverse parking would be asked. From now on, every weekend, practice!!!

Any suggestions, tips please ?!

9. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Has anyone taken test in Norcross DDS recently? What do they ask in the test? Please let me know.

10. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

one more question - can we hire a car on my hubby's name, adding me as a co-driver and taking insurance under my name for the road test? Is that ok....